Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US increased credit card interest rate AGAIN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US increased credit card interest rate AGAIN

so frustrated...i have been doing nothing but paying down credit for three years..but the cards keep raising interest rates until i am paying nothing on the principle.  it is making it impossible to keep up, i have nothing in savings or retirement.  us bank will not negotiate rate or payment.  they did allow one card to go on a one year reduced interest payment, but jacked it up higher on month 13.  bof a set a 350.00 month plan 3 years ago..i had used cards to keep business open during construction period 4 years ago, and it is desroying us.  so far have struggled and made minimum payments, but just cant keep this up when they hit me more and more..any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: US increased credit card interest rate AGAIN

Sorry to hear about that but i can sympathize with you. I was there once with BoA.

I had 3 cards with them and had som lates on all of them. My interest back then was pushed to 31%

Called them to reduce it so I could pay, but hey didnt want to. I was told the only way they could reduce the interest was (to 2%) to close the account (that's what the account manager told me then)

I would call the executive office and make your case. What is the interest rate you have right now? The other alternative would be to do a balance transfer on a card with 0% for 12-18 months (if your credit can take the hit).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.