cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Costco Members -- Which Visa card will YOU use?

tag
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

Re: USA Costco Members -- Which Visa card will YOU use?

Neither replacement card (Amex or Citi) will be backdated?

Message 91 of 101
onstar
Established Contributor

@too-much-time wrote:

As of now, that is the latest. But nothing is set in stone. They're still working on it.

What I'm HOPING for:

(1) Everyone that has a TE card gets a new Citibank Costco Visa card. It will have the same CL as the TE card. It will have the account open date of April 2016.

AND

(2) Since Citibank is only taking the accounts but not the number, everyone with a TE card will get a "new" account that will have the same account number as the TE card. Obviously the same CL. And it will retain the original account open/backdated date. Maybe call it True Blue Cash.

Regardless, I'll be using the Citibank Costco Visa card starting April 2016.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 92 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

As of now, that is the latest. But nothing is set in stone. They're still working on it.

What I'm HOPING for:

(1) Everyone that has a TE card gets a new Citibank Costco Visa card. It will have the same CL as the TE card. It will have the account open date of April 2016.

AND

(2) Since Citibank is only taking the accounts but not the number, everyone with a TE card will get a "new" account that will have the same account number as the TE card. Obviously the same CL. And it will retain the original account open/backdated date. Maybe call it True Blue Cash.

It would be awesome if that Citi card earned TYP. Smiley Very Happy

Message 93 of 101
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@travisrauh wrote:

Hello! Just to get back to you about the FICO benefit, that is still officially considered a by-invitation-only/pilot thing. Coincidentally, however, I noticed a new thread opened about the FICO scores being made available to a bunch of new card members so the next round must've gone out today. I'd have to suggest to just keep an eye on your account and hopefully you see it sooner than later. Smiley Happy

As of yesterday, I have a FICO score available!  As a data point, my accounts were opened in April.  Looks like the roll-out is making progress... Smiley Very Happy

Message 94 of 101
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beckhsrules wrote:

With the new changes do I need to be a COSTCO member in order to go and shop?

Can i buy something now and use my other AMEX cards even though I dont have a COSTCO membership?

You must be a Costco member to shop there.  You can pay with cash or any Am Ex. Just get the basic $55 annual membership. I have the Executive and spend enough there annually to more than cover the $119 ( inc tax) fee.

Interesting, in a sales tax only state, am not charged sales tax on Costco nor Amazon Prime membership fees.

Signature needs updating
Message 95 of 101
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

What I'm HOPING for:

AND

It would be awesome if that Citi card earned TYP. Smiley Very Happy

Just a heads up, Visa and Amex cannot have the same account number (which is basically the card number, begins with 3 for Amex, 4 for visa).

Signature needs updating
Message 96 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen any truly winning answers to this question, which will become very relevant on April 1 when Costco stops taking Amex.

I will use my BoA Travel Rewards, 1.65%, wondering if there is anything better. Well be interesting to see what card offer Costco/CITI comes out with.
Message 97 of 101
xvassagox
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't seen any truly winning answers to this question, which will become very relevant on April 1 when Costco stops taking Amex.

I will use my BoA Travel Rewards, 1.65%, wondering if there is anything better. Well be interesting to see what card offer Costco/CITI comes out with.

FNBO BucksBack Visa - 2% back on everything - it was a limited time only card though

If you don't already have it, you can try the new Fidelity Visa 2% back card.

Sock Drawered -
Equifax Bankcard 8 - 830 - 4/21 | Experian Score 8 - 812 - 5/26 | TransUnion Score 8 - 810 - 5/1
Message 98 of 101
Longroad
Established Contributor

Will probably be going with the SWA Visa card for my Costco spend come April. I have been thinking about changing my BOA Cash rewards to Travel Rewards. 1.65% on everything isn't too bad. 

Message 99 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xvassagox wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FNBO BucksBack Visa - 2% back on everything - it was a limited time only card though

If you don't already have it, you can try the new Fidelity Visa 2% back card.

+1 bucksback is the baest.

Can I get a link to the Fid Visa? 

Message 100 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.