Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Credit

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: USA Credit

@Anonymous wrote:
Cause we both started at about the same scores but I already stopped applying...but your my other side where I can see what would've happen if I kept applying

My CR may vary from yours. Just cause we have close to the same score doesnt mean all attributes are the same. I dunno, I'm not satisfied with 2 CC's and a retail revolving acct, but apparently i need to stop whining and deal with it for 6 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 17
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard or dealt with this company? I got a phone call today saying I'm preapproved for a 2.5K credit card for use on their website www.usashoppingclub.com. I gave them my info (I'm kicking myself right now) and they said there is 0APR and no fees but a one time 109.95 activation fee. Someone PLEASE tell me this is legit and not a scam I'm worryig bigtime right now

When my scores were low I, admittedly, joined USA Credit with a $12,500 credit limit.  I paid the fees and make a couple small purchases so they would report my account only to TU.  I kept it open for about 9 months and decided it was too expensive.  Once I cancelled the account, POOF, the tradeline disappeared from my credit report.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boonie wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard or dealt with this company? I got a phone call today saying I'm preapproved for a 2.5K credit card for use on their website www.usashoppingclub.com. I gave them my info (I'm kicking myself right now) and they said there is 0APR and no fees but a one time 109.95 activation fee. Someone PLEASE tell me this is legit and not a scam I'm worryig bigtime right now

When my scores were low I, admittedly, joined USA Credit with a $12,500 credit limit.  I paid the fees and make a couple small purchases so they would report my account only to TU.  I kept it open for about 9 months and decided it was too expensive.  Once I cancelled the account, POOF, the tradeline disappeared from my credit report.

Sadly, this is very typical of these types of "tradeline mills" that target the subprime market with pay-for-credit lines at outrageous (unreasonable for any credit profile) cost. What's more, it's not at all unheard of for the credit bureaus to suddenly stop reporting these tradelines, making them even more useless to the people who have paid so dearly for them. They're not worth it, under any credit circumstance.

Building or rebuilding (after repairing) credit history does not make these types of companies & practices necessary. People should view them as the money siphoners that they are. There are much better, and far less harmful ways of (re)establishing solid credit history. You can successfully rebuild with 1 or 2 cards (ideally non-fee harvester products). And, even if "wait" is the only other alternative, waiting is better. One very important aspect of building a solid credit house is to make sure that it sets upon a solid financial foundation. <-- Nobody needs their hard earned $$$ flying out of the proverbial window. Establish good financial practices that protect your bottom line, and the credit that you desire will soon follow.

When you're in the thick of things, it seems like it takes forever. But, I can tell you from personal experience that from 2008 to present, looking back, it really wasn't that long to go from low 500 scores, and about $2700 in available credit to the 700s Promised Land, with more than 80k available credit (far more than I need or have practical use for). I started with a fully secured card from BoA, unsecured today at 12k. And, I'll tell ya this... I value, far above available credit, the sound financial practices that I've picked up along the way. As a matter of fact, those sound financial practices have rendered credit a "convenience" rather than a necessity. I wouldn't change that for anything.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint! Establishing good credit doesn't necessarily entail grabbing every available credit line, under the sun, that you can get your hands on. Some of these lenders & their products are downright undesirable. Work to make credit a convenience that works for you!

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Honest! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Isn't this the company that Peggy works for?

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

LMAO!!! YES! Peggy the credit devil!

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 15 of 17
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Hello this is usa prime credit my name Peggy  (in a deep masculine voice)  Smiley Very Happy  

Message 16 of 17
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

i had a card with them for 2 years. there a really good company.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.