cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

Established Contributor

USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

I just tried to use my BRAND NEW USA Fed Visa card at a restaurant tonight only to have the server come back to me with "I'm sorry, this card was declined. Do you have another?"

I called up and all they can tell me is that the account is now closed!! Huh? What the hell for?? The rep said I have to speak with their "Loss & Prevention" department on Monday. Does anyone know what that is and why they may have closed? I know it isn't my reports because they are in stellar condition.

What annoys me is no phone call, no e-mail, no contact. They just closed it.

UM

2 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

Uncle_Money wrote:

I just tried to use my BRAND NEW USA Fed Visa card at a restaurant tonight only to have the server come back to me with "I'm sorry, this card was declined. Do you have another?"

I called up and all they can tell me is that the account is now closed!! Huh? What the hell for?? The rep said I have to speak with their "Loss & Prevention" department on Monday. Does anyone know what that is and why they may have closed? I know it isn't my reports because they are in stellar condition.

What annoys me is no phone call, no e-mail, no contact. They just closed it.

UM

Sorry to hear that.

No wonder USA Fed was on the verge of bankruptcy.  Hopefully it is just a glitch with your account being assumed by NavyFed.

IAALBNYL
Established Contributor

Re: USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

I doubt it has anything to do with the NavyFed conversion. They are very adamant that CCs aren't converting until the end of the year.