Established Contributor

USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

I just tried to use my BRAND NEW USA Fed Visa card at a restaurant tonight only to have the server come back to me with "I'm sorry, this card was declined. Do you have another?"

I called up and all they can tell me is that the account is now closed!! Huh? What the hell for?? The rep said I have to speak with their "Loss & Prevention" department on Monday. Does anyone know what that is and why they may have closed? I know it isn't my reports because they are in stellar condition.

What annoys me is no phone call, no e-mail, no contact. They just closed it.

UM

Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Senior Contributor

Re: USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

Uncle_Money wrote:

I just tried to use my BRAND NEW USA Fed Visa card at a restaurant tonight only to have the server come back to me with "I'm sorry, this card was declined. Do you have another?"

I called up and all they can tell me is that the account is now closed!! Huh? What the hell for?? The rep said I have to speak with their "Loss & Prevention" department on Monday. Does anyone know what that is and why they may have closed? I know it isn't my reports because they are in stellar condition.

What annoys me is no phone call, no e-mail, no contact. They just closed it.

UM

Sorry to hear that.

No wonder USA Fed was on the verge of bankruptcy.  Hopefully it is just a glitch with your account being assumed by NavyFed.

IAALBNYL
Established Contributor

Re: USA Fed - Loss Prevention Department?

I doubt it has anything to do with the NavyFed conversion. They are very adamant that CCs aren't converting until the end of the year.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.