Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

USA card

Should I get USA card or not? They want my paycheck copy . Is it worth getting or drop it?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: USA card

On 10/4 they merge with Navy. If u believe that Navy will deny u, then apply with USA, otherwise do not bother.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

On 10/4 they merge with Navy. If u believe that Navy will deny u, then apply with USA, otherwise do not bother.

I really think it is a good idea to go ahead and the card and let it turn to NFCU later. That way my foot is in the door with the credit product. I was chicken and asked for only $2k cl. They said once I send them my paycheck they will approve it. With Amex FR I am not sure if I should get usa card or not. Other other hand, I am thinking go ahead and get the usa card and let the dust settle down and what ever I have I have. I still dont understand opening store cards for the twins use would upset amex. J Crew / Ann Taylor / Trek and these cards not really in the same league as amex. I got the cards so kids can use them.

Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

IMO getting the USA card is pointless unless you're doing it because of a beef with Navy and are hoping for a work around.

Invariably you'll be applying for a navy card whether or not you accept 2k USA Fed card.

Accepting the 2k USA Fed (rather inferior product) looks like the begining of a downward CL spiral, not a good look, skip it.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Concord,  If you don't mind going a bit OT...................

I've seen in other threads that you've already been approved for USA  membership (congrats!!).  Does this mean that you did not submit  paystubs at the time of approval for checking and/or savings only?  If so, what exactly did you have to submit with the application?  If not, sorry for the misunderstanding (and the OT).  Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Concord,  If you don't mind going a bit OT...................

I've seen in other threads that you've already been approved for USA  membership (congrats!!).  Does this mean that you did not submit  paystubs at the time of approval for checking and/or savings only?  If so, what exactly did you have to submit with the application?  If not, sorry for the misunderstanding (and the OT).  Thanks

For membership/ checking account only Drivers License and Utility bill to prove your address. No pay check.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

great, thank you!

Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I emailed my paycheck stub. Let the outcome may be what ever it is, I'll put it behind and move on.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wish the best, 20k sounds great

good luck

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.