Not applicable

Re: USAA 2.5% Targeted Offer [UPDATE NOV 2016]

MASTERNC thanks for the heads up!
Message 61 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decemeber Check up!

Has anyone heard any more news or rumors about this card and the launch date?  I am soooooooooo anxious for this card I can't stand it lol Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 332
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Decemeber Check up!

Has anyone heard any more news or rumors about this card and the launch date?  I am soooooooooo anxious for this card I can't stand it lol Smiley Happy

I'm in the Southeast, and so far nothing.  Each time I check I get reminded that I have an "offer" for a car loan "as low as" 4.59%.  I've not been car shopping in a while, but even I know that's not too great.  Ironically, the "offer" had a better APR when my FICO was lower (but I had fewer new accounts).

Holding out for this card is part of why I'm gardening for the moment; otherwise I would be tempted to harvest a Venture bonus (and later transfer the limit to my old QS).  I would much prefer to get a 2.5% card, though, over the Venture bonus since at this time I'm trying to think long-term (relatively speaking, that is).

I have two 'dream come true' scenarios (neither of which are likely)... one is that USAA will start allowing PCs - right now getting a PC with them is definitely exceptional and very much YMMV.  The second 'dream come true' scenario is even better (and even more unlikely)... and that is that NFCU will offer a 2.5% card to compete with USAA.  I don't see this happening (they have no need to compete with this product) but it would be a slam-dunk.  A guy can dream, right?  Smiley Tongue

Message 63 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Decemeber Check up!

I'm in the Southeast, and so far nothing.  Each time I check I get reminded that I have an "offer" for a car loan "as low as" 4.59%.  I've not been car shopping in a while, but even I know that's not too great.  Ironically, the "offer" had a better APR when my FICO was lower (but I had fewer new accounts).

Holding out for this card is part of why I'm gardening for the moment; otherwise I would be tempted to harvest a Venture bonus (and later transfer the limit to my old QS).  I would much prefer to get a 2.5% card, though, over the Venture bonus since at this time I'm trying to think long-term (relatively speaking, that is).

I have two 'dream come true' scenarios (neither of which are likely)... one is that USAA will start allowing PCs - right now getting a PC with them is definitely exceptional and very much YMMV.  The second 'dream come true' scenario is even better (and even more unlikely)... and that is that NFCU will offer a 2.5% card to compete with USAA.  I don't see this happening (they have no need to compete with this product) but it would be a slam-dunk.  A guy can dream, right?  Smiley Tongue

I disagree I could see them offering a competitve card or perhaps waiving the AF on the Flagship with DD. 

Message 64 of 332
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Decemeber Check up!

I disagree I could see them offering a competitve card or perhaps waiving the AF on the Flagship with DD. 

A Flagship with no AF still isn't 2.5% cash back, though... I personally wouldn't move my DD for it.  The closest there is to this is the Marukai Card (JCB), which is really not comparing apples-to-apples since acceptance isn't comparable and the rewards are tiered.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to find myself mistaken down the road, though.  Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 332
CluelessJohn
Contributor

Thanks MASTERNC ... just applied and was approved for $20K.  I'm in PA.

Chase Freedom Visa ($15K) Chase Freedom Flex ($15K) Chase Amazon Prime ($9K) USAA Limitless ($20K) AMEX BCE ($30K) CapOne QuickSilver ($15K) Citi DC ($20.5K) Citi Custom Cash ($5K) Discover It ($7.5K) BOA Cash Rewards ($5K) BOA MLB ($13K) USBank Cash+($10K) WF Active Cash ($8K)
FICO 8 ~800
Message 66 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CluelessJohn wrote:

Thanks MASTERNC ... just applied and was approved for $20K.  I'm in PA.

Jealous ...

Message 67 of 332
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! USAA is taking their sweet time releasing this one. I'm looking forward to apping for it. Sorry Citi DC, this would become the main card. 

Message 68 of 332
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

I got mine and I'm in Texas. I imagine I was one of the first to get the card, feels like I've had it a while now. Applied and approved instantly Oct 15th, low 7k limit but happy to get 2.5% back on everything.

Message 69 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and also online chatted with two NFCU CSRs about this. The one on live chat said that NFCU believes that their current cards are competitive with Citi DC and USAA Limitless. The one on the phone said that they haven't heard anything of NFCU changing or offering any better rewards.  I then asked them both why should I choose NFCU cards over Citi DB and USAA Limitless (as examples of more straight forward cash back earnings). They both didn't have a good answer and just restated that they believe NFCU cards are good cards.  Thought this was a funny answer even though I put them on the spot.

I know CSRs are probably the last to know anything, but maybe our conversations were being monitored and the decision makers will found out. One can only hope lol Smiley Happy 

Message 70 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.