Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA 4.0% APR

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

USAA 4.0% APR

I thought I would mention here that if you are military or family and have a USAA credit card, USAA will reduce your APR to 4.0% if you simply fax them your PCS orders to be stationed overseas.  Technically, this lasts for 12 months, but I was also told by the USAA rep that after 12 months I could fax the same orders again putting me overseas and continue to receive the 4.0% APR.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: USAA 4.0% APR

@DaveSignal wrote:

I thought I would mention here that if you are military or family and have a USAA credit card, USAA will reduce your APR to 4.0% if you simply fax them your PCS orders to be stationed overseas.  Technically, this lasts for 12 months, but I was also told by the USAA rep that after 12 months I could fax the same orders again putting me overseas and continue to receive the 4.0% APR.

That is an awesome benefit!!! (And well deserved!!!!)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

That is an awesome benefit!!! (And well deserved!!!!)

Agreed.  I have never seen this advertised though.  I wouldn't have known if I didn't call in to change my car insurance to a UK address, which is when the rep informed me that I should talk to the credit cards department to get my APR reduced.  I don't usually carry a balance on this card, but I guess it will be the first choice to keep a balance if I need to in the future.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

DaveSignal-

Hey! Just need some clarification..So they told you even if they orders were expired they would still honor it? ie you said refaxing same orders etc and they would honor? My husband was deployed and they gave us the 4% all of last year until Dec but never made any mention of this..it would have been nice especially since we still have a balance on the card.

Thanks!

@DaveSignal wrote:

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

DaveSignal-

Hey! Just need some clarification..So they told you even if they orders were expired they would still honor it? ie you said refaxing same orders etc and they would honor? My husband was deployed and they gave us the 4% all of last year until Dec but never made any mention of this..it would have been nice especially since we still have a balance on the card.

Thanks!

@DaveSignal wrote:

No.  My orders are not "expired".   I have orders to be stationed overseas for 3 years.  After 12 months, the same valid orders which put me overseas 12 months ago still put me overseas for 2 more years.  Hence, I can use the valid, non-expired, current orders again.  You cannot come back to CONUS and use some old orders that put you somewhere overseas last year.  That would be fraud and could be result in your accounts getting closed permanently.

Message 5 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@bamagirl1 wrote:

DaveSignal-

Thanks!

@DaveSignal wrote:

No.  My orders are not "expired".   I have orders to be stationed overseas for 3 years.  After 12 months, the same valid orders which put me overseas 12 months ago still put me overseas for 2 more years.  Hence, I can use the valid, non-expired, current orders again.  You cannot come back to CONUS and use some old orders that put you somewhere overseas last year.  That would be fraud and could be result in your accounts getting closed permanently.

UMM. DaveSignal I'm not trying to commit or implying to commit fraud..That's why I asked you for clarificiation..

Message 6 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

and I guess technically he's always on orders as he is FT active duty..but is currently stateside not overseas..

thanks for the clarification........

Message 7 of 8
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

The 4% deployment deal also comes with a waived foreign transaction fee. I was at RAF Mildenhall for 3 years and now deploy at least once a year so it's been a permanent fixture on my account, although I had to send them my orders like 3 times last year before they got their act together and adjusted it.

Side note, they actually charge you the FTF then immediately refund it. Still it's really useful if you're OCONUS.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.