Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AA Cash Advances?

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA AA Cash Advances?

I have done this also, many times...no problems at all.  I have a checking and savings with them, so I just transferred the funds from my credit card into my checking account!!!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 11 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

I heard a lot of negatives from the websites and they closed people accounts without notice. You can google it to find out.  USAA is a bank and NOT CU.  Most people think they are. They are not.  Some people like them. Some don't.

Ron.

Message 12 of 17
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in. Hopefully this will help others who find themselves in a similar situation with USAA. Still mulling my options. I have a few weeks before I pull the trigger either way. 

Message 13 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I don't think it would be an issue. Banks like USAA and CU's make this a painless feature, and don't mind when you use it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This was the reason I opened up a Line of Credit with Navy Fed...  I didn't want to be taking huge cash advances to pay my contractor... so thats why I like the LOC.  I write him a check, and then pay off my Nav Check...  Rinse then Repeat.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 17
haiti222
Contributor

I would caution you that USAA may do AA if your credit is not perfect. Right after I did a quasi-cash to checking, the dropped both of my credit cards to 2500 each. They stated how I used my accounts with them and my EX report were both reasons for the drop from 11K total to 5k total in credit cards.

Message 16 of 17
ready13
New Contributor

I agree with the fact that taking the cash advance in my eyes at least appears as if i am unable or unstable to pay off my debts - which is not the case but i know there are some things you must buy in cash not able to purchase on credit (lets say an auction - they depend on how they run their sales and purchases etc. and this is perfectly undcerstandable as i am certain most people do not go around carrying at least a thousand dolllars off hand in cash -- when we rely on carrying our credit cards. This may seem like it could be poor planning--but in the case that you are presented with those take em or leave forever type opportunities and you have a credit card that you were able to be approved on for cash advances( THEN ITS LIKE YOUR LENDING THE MONEY TO YOUR OWN SELF REAL QUICK) and that makes sense doesn;t it?  If the purchase was also already something that you had sold before purchasing or had to purchase as it was demanded upon in future buisness relations then it would be a for sure win /a complete benefit for bank you the other party involved and everyone gets some of what you want to expect in this whole credit relationship --and thats a better stance and ablility to provide for yourself the things that only life and good credit or lots of savings can bring to you. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.