Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMEX Cash Rewards CC

tag
sobreezy
Contributor

USAA AMEX Cash Rewards CC

When you go to my offers in USAA and they are offering you an opportunity to apply for one of their cards what is the likelihood that it will be approved? What if you were declined previously?

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA AMEX Cash Rewards CC

@sobreezy wrote:

When you go to my offers in USAA and they are offering you an opportunity to apply for one of their cards what is the likelihood that it will be approved? What if you were declined previously?

I've heard that the USAA offers are almost guaranteed approval.  I was denied but got an offer 6 months later and accepted, and got a 3k credit limit on a USAA cash rewards Amex.  If you want to compare my scores to yours it's in my log, look back about a month or so ago.

Message 2 of 9
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@sobreezy wrote:

If you are referring to the featured offers in the "my offers" tab that means nothing. It has to be a preapproval offer, which will be a big rectangular box at the top of that screen that reads congratulations you have been preapproved.......... You'll know it when you see it!

Message 3 of 9
sobreezy
Contributor

okay thanks just was confused.

Message 4 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

If you are referring to the featured offers in the "my offers" tab that means nothing. It has to be a preapproval offer, which will be a big rectangular box at the top of that screen that reads congratulations you have been preapproved.......... You'll know it when you see it!

Sorry, I assumed he had a pre-approved offer.  If he just clicked to the regular credit card offers it's a toss-up.

Message 5 of 9
sobreezy
Contributor

Thanks -P

just was wondering looked pretty strange when they sent me an email with an offer in it.

Message 6 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@sobreezy wrote:

Thanks -P

just was wondering looked pretty strange when they sent me an email with an offer in it.

No, if they actually sent you an email then they are offering it to you.  That's the almost guaranteed approval I was talking about.  Unlucky was referring to the USAA site, where if you have no offers, under the my ofers tab there is a link to theer credit cards.  If you got an email, that's a real offer.  I would go for it!

Message 7 of 9
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Yea, email is different beast thats sounds like a preapproval!

Message 8 of 9
sobreezy
Contributor

Well if that is the case that would be awesome!  This week has been pretty good 3 deletions and hopefully adding my 1st actual CC (got a department store one but not the same, definitely reports but you know).  Thanks for the responses.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.