Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMEX & MC - Instant Approval $15k each

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA AMEX & MC - Instant Approval $15k each

Well, hauling really got me thinking USAA.

I have been a member my whole life (military brat) and have my auto through them.

Recently moved homeowner over and opened checking/savings.

I wasn't sure about applying for credit since I have 4 EQ inquiries and 2 new accounts (NFCU $20k and Discover More $2k).

Well, said what the heck and applied for MC Cash Reward and was approved for $15,000. 

So I got bold and said, why not and immediately applied for the AMEX:

USAA Platinum American Express
Congratulations ANGEL73, you're approved!

You've been approved for a USAA Cash Rewards American Express® . Please review your summary and find out what happens next.

CL $15,000

I was hoping for the 7.75% APR, but 9.9% on both wasn't too bad and maybe I can request a rate reduction in a year.

THANKS HAULING!

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-12-2009 07:39 PM
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA approved me for AMEX & MC - $15k each

Very nicce !!!!!!!! What was your fico score ?
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was 752 prior to applying, approval and $12,000 balance ($20k CL) on NFCU Plat CC (home improvement project) and app, approval and $700 balance ($2k CL) on Discover More.

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-12-2009 02:53 PM
Message 3 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Super approvals! Great job!
Message 4 of 20
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

That's a pretty card...! I wonder if there'll be a run on these cards after this post... Smiley Happy
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 5 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, great job! Almost makes up for moving every two or three years and changing schools all the time, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy

(Actually, I loved being an Army brat and moving all the time.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.

Fort Knox

Fort Hood

Germany

back to Fort Hood

Fort Sam Houston

DH was in last year of enlistment at wedding so got to spend a year at Fort Bliss.

Hauling - at what point would you guess I might first think about rate reduction request?  I was approved at 9.9% on each and would love to move down to the 7.75% at some point.

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-12-2009 07:41 PM
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I will be looking at USAA down the road. 

Message 8 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Angel73 wrote:

Yep.

Fort Knox

Fort Hood

Germany

back to Fort Hood

Fort Sam Houston

DH was in last year of enlistment at wedding so got to spend a year at Fort Bliss.

Hauling - at what point would you guess I might first think about rate reduction request?  I was approved at 9.9% on each and would love to move down to the 7.75% at some point.

You know, I've never even tried. Since I don't carry balances, I've never tried to stir up anything with a request for this.

Do a search on usaa apr, and you should turn up something. Pj1369 had some luck on this recently, as I recall.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't normally carry balances, and not for long when I do (usually no more than 3-6 months).

But I do like having the lowest APR's possible for the option as well as part of the "game" in addition to CL's.  Nice CL's with great rates as a combination.  Kind of like a poker hand....always looking for a better one.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.