Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMex with EMV Chip is Here???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

USAA AMex with EMV Chip is Here???

I saw someone using his USAA Amex Black with Gold EMV chip at Costco self-checkout. It is similar to USAA MC with EMV. I haven't called to confirm it is available to the public. It might be target to certain cardmembers.

Ron.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: USAA AMex with EMV Chip is Here???

Thanks for the info

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron1 - contacted USAA Federal Savings Bank by telephone and requested that my USAA WMC be converted to the EMV Chip & Pin version. Told me it was possible and once it was changed it could not go back to a non-EMV Chip & Pin Card (NOT Chip & Signature). Why would I go Back? Anyway I made the change. Great looking Black & Gold Card with distinction. Oops  ... was told the USAA Amex was NOT available at this time as a CHIP & PIN (contacted USAA Thursday 07-10-14 at 4:30 pm CDT by telephone).

Message 3 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron1 - contacted USAA Federal Savings Bank by telephone and requested that my USAA WMC be converted to the EMV Chip & Pin version. Told me it was possible and once it was changed it could not go back to a non-EMV Chip & Pin Card (NOT Chip & Signature). Why would I go Back? Anyway I made the change. Great looking Black & Gold Card with distinction. Oops  ... was told the USAA Amex was NOT available at this time as a CHIP & PIN (contacted USAA Thursday 07-10-14 at 4:30 pm CDT by telephone).

They might be testing the card to certain customers.

Ron.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron1 - interesting... I miss read your post. You observed a USAA AX Black Card with Chip & Pin! My question on the phone was could I get it. CR stated it was not available to me at this time. Sooooo ... it could well be others have obtained the card. Thanks for the "heads up."
Message 5 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ron1 - interesting... I miss read your post. You observed a USAA AX Black Card with Chip & Pin! My question on the phone was could I get it. CR stated it was not available to me at this time. Sooooo ... it could well be others have obtained the card. Thanks for the "heads up."

That's ok. It might be target offer. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.