Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA AU?

I have searched but keep coming up with conflicting reports. My bf has a USAA mastercard that he's had for a long while. We discussed it and decided that I should be added as an AU if allowed. I'd see nice boosts in AAoA and because of his 5 digit CL. We are (obviously?) not married but have lived together for 3 years. He uses a different mailing address though, because that was easier than getting all his crap sent to our place.

-Would he need to change his address to our address, so that we would share a household address?
-Do I even qualify to be an AU as a long-term girlfriend? I have military in my immediate and immediate-ish (uncles) family but I don't believe any of them have USAA.

-Would it be a hard inquiry on me? I have some medical collections that are being removed through disputes - I've been told the two I have have been removed but reports can't update until the dispute regarding a charged off loan finishes. If it's a HP, it would make sense to wait until my reports update. 

-Anything else I am failing to consider?

Thanks so much, in advance, for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA AU?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have searched but keep coming up with conflicting reports. My bf has a USAA mastercard that he's had for a long while. We discussed it and decided that I should be added as an AU if allowed. I'd see nice boosts in AAoA and because of his 5 digit CL. We are (obviously?) not married but have lived together for 3 years. He uses a different mailing address though, because that was easier than getting all his crap sent to our place.

-Would he need to change his address to our address, so that we would share a household address?
-Do I even qualify to be an AU as a long-term girlfriend? I have military in my immediate and immediate-ish (uncles) family but I don't believe any of them have USAA.

-Would it be a hard inquiry on me? I have some medical collections that are being removed through disputes - I've been told the two I have have been removed but reports can't update until the dispute regarding a charged off loan finishes. If it's a HP, it would make sense to wait until my reports update. 

-Anything else I am failing to consider?

Thanks so much, in advance, for your help!

No, yes, no and not that I can think of

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have searched but keep (snip)

Short & sweet. Love it. Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have searched but keep (snip)

Short & sweet. Love it. Thanks so much.

You're very welcome.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.