Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AU ?

tag
jon_d
Established Member

USAA AU ?

Does USAA report AU's ? We were discussing adding my daughter to my USAA cc to help her out. She's out of college now and wants help kick starting her credit.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: USAA AU ?

My wife is an AU on my USAA card and they report to all 3 CRA.

Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A USAA CSR once volunteered that I could add my younger daughter to my card. I asked if it would show on her reports, and the CSR said that I could choose to have it report or not report.

If correct, that's a wonderful option.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

anyone know if you can do this online?

Message 4 of 11
jon_d
Established Member

Thats good news,thanks all! laz98,It gives you the options to add an AU in your drop down menu in your USAA account. click on your cc account and it should be listed on right in the drop down. All my daughters info show up as soon as I hit the add AU. I didn't have to fill in anything. Gotta love USAA LOL
Message 5 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

thanks jon.  i have searched every menu on the site & i can't find anything about authorized users.  maybe i'm not eligible for one or something weird.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

thanks jon.  i have searched every menu on the site & i can't find anything about authorized users.  maybe i'm not eligible for one or something weird.

Hey Laz!

Login to your USAA account >> Click on your credit card >> Go to the menu on the right side of your screen and click on "I want to" >> Select the green arrow at the bottom of that list for "more services" >> Under "Card Services" select "Request Additional Card for Someone Else".

HTH! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
jon_d
Established Member

laz98,did you follow the steps that llmirth posted? You should also get an option to manually enter the AU's name.
Message 8 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

i was able to find the "request an additional card" feature, but none of the relationships applied, so it wouldn't let me add her, even though she is a usaa member herself.

"request an additional card" makes it sound like you just want an authorized buyer card, like a store card would give you.  strange.  to me AU & "AB" are different.

Message 9 of 11
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

AU means your just giving someone else permission to use your credit/charge card without being financially responsible for it; and I have never heard of an AB before on any card all cards I have (including store cards) all have an AU option though. The best way to know if a card com. is going to report the AU is if they ask for the ss# of the AU if it asks for it 9 out of 10 times it will report the AU

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.