Established Member
jon_d

USAA AU ?

Does USAA report AU's ? We were discussing adding my daughter to my USAA cc to help her out. She's out of college now and wants help kick starting her credit.
Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

Re: USAA AU ?

My wife is an AU on my USAA card and they report to all 3 CRA.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

A USAA CSR once volunteered that I could add my younger daughter to my card. I asked if it would show on her reports, and the CSR said that I could choose to have it report or not report.

If correct, that's a wonderful option.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

anyone know if you can do this online?

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Member
jon_d

Thats good news,thanks all! laz98,It gives you the options to add an AU in your drop down menu in your USAA account. click on your cc account and it should be listed on right in the drop down. All my daughters info show up as soon as I hit the add AU. I didn't have to fill in anything. Gotta love USAA LOL
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

thanks jon.  i have searched every menu on the site & i can't find anything about authorized users.  maybe i'm not eligible for one or something weird.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

laz98 wrote:

thanks jon.  i have searched every menu on the site & i can't find anything about authorized users.  maybe i'm not eligible for one or something weird.

Hey Laz!

Login to your USAA account >> Click on your credit card >> Go to the menu on the right side of your screen and click on "I want to" >> Select the green arrow at the bottom of that list for "more services" >> Under "Card Services" select "Request Additional Card for Someone Else".

HTH! :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Established Member
jon_d

laz98,did you follow the steps that llmirth posted? You should also get an option to manually enter the AU's name.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

i was able to find the "request an additional card" feature, but none of the relationships applied, so it wouldn't let me add her, even though she is a usaa member herself.

"request an additional card" makes it sound like you just want an authorized buyer card, like a store card would give you.  strange.  to me AU & "AB" are different.

Regular Contributor
creditguy-378

AU means your just giving someone else permission to use your credit/charge card without being financially responsible for it; and I have never heard of an AB before on any card all cards I have (including store cards) all have an AU option though. The best way to know if a card com. is going to report the AU is if they ask for the ss# of the AU if it asks for it 9 out of 10 times it will report the AU

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}