Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Amex

tag
Yankeefan
Valued Member

USAA Amex

In early Nov I applied for and received Freedom ($6500), Citi Ty ($6000), BCE ($1000). These were my first new cards since college. I currently have an AAoA of 9.1 years, 3 % UTI, and scores of EX(777 - Amex), TU (792), EQ(758) both from here. I am a full USAA member, and they have been bombarding me with offers for their co-branded Amex. I know they don't have a proper rewards system, but i've also read they give high CL's especially full members.  There are no inquiries showing on my EQ report. Should I pull the trigger?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Amex

they do have very good rewards card + low interest rate.....Shop arround on their website before you hit it....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, go for it. They approved me $20K a few years ago.

Ron.

Message 3 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Give it a shot and let us know!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I love USAA, but IMO their credit card rewards aren't that exciting. But since you're a full member, they may give you a decent size limit if that's what you are looking for.

Message 5 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Yankeefan wrote:

In early Nov I applied for and received Freedom ($6500), Citi Ty ($6000), BCE ($1000). These were my first new cards since college. I currently have an AAoA of 9.1 years, 3 % UTI, and scores of EX(777 - Amex), TU (792), EQ(758) both from here. I am a full USAA member, and they have been bombarding me with offers for their co-branded Amex. I know they don't have a proper rewards system, but i've also read they give high CL's especially full members.  There are no inquiries showing on my EQ report. Should I pull the trigger?

Yeah they have horrible rewards.  I wouldn't go it.  Not worth it imo.  And I can't testify to whether they give large CLs or not.  But you would have to know if you want a high CL or rewards.  And what if they don't give you a CL that you are after, or a high CL that you could live with, then you are stuck with a SD card and a HP that you'd never get back.

Message 6 of 9
Yankeefan
Valued Member

Got it with a 15k limit. More than double my current highest, ill sit back and see if Chase, Citi, or Amex want to play catch-up?

Message 7 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Congrats!  

Are you just gonna SD it?  Or maybe bal xfer?

Unless you spend like 17000 in gas every year, then USAA Amex would beat BCE in the gas catagory.  But BCE far and away beats USAA Amex.

Message 8 of 9
Yankeefan
Valued Member

Ill just run something though it every couple of months to keep it current. A semi-SD if you will.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.