Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want a high enough CL, that if I need a new transmission or engine. I can swipe my card if push comes to shove... $1,500 will not do it, but $3,000-4,000 probably will... Ford Racing has some nice engines that will fit in my old Ford...

Be careful of your utilization.  High utilization will often get you shot down for new credit.

Anything about 25% and you are starting to look for trouble, though many people on the forum keep theirs as low as 5% or lower.

Message 21 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@drsmith wrote:

Well I logged into USAA and was preapproved for the World Mastercard

Submitted my application and was instantly approved with a CL of $7000

Not bad considering capital one wouldn't raise my CL from $750 today

Congrats! And the World version, too.

And btw, unlike many other World cards, this one does report the CL and will help your util.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 24
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@drsmith wrote:

Well I logged into USAA and was preapproved for the World Mastercard

Submitted my application and was instantly approved with a CL of $7000

Not bad considering capital one wouldn't raise my CL from $750 today

Congrats! And the World version, too.

And btw, unlike many other World cards, this one does report the CL and will help your util.

Excellent as that was really my goal. It's very hard to keep a low utilization with one credit card and a $750 limit haha

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want a high enough CL, that if I need a new transmission or engine. I can swipe my card if push comes to shove... $1,500 will not do it, but $3,000-4,000 probably will... Ford Racing has some nice engines that will fit in my old Ford...

Be careful of your utilization.  High utilization will often get you shot down for new credit.

Anything about 25% and you are starting to look for trouble, though many people on the forum keep theirs as low as 5% or lower.

I understand this, but at my age (lack of history) and credit score. I can't see getting a $10,000-15,000 CL. $1,500 is almost worthless trying to keep a low utilization. The 63 Ford is my current daily driver, I need a new radiator and brakes. That put me out at 80%.... I am in between jobs, I have an interview today, tomorrow and another on Thursday. I am more then confident one of them will give me a bite.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.