Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Amex ???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

USAA Amex ???

Since I will have to wait for ZYNC for a while..

I was just wondering if getting a secured USAA Amex ( partial member) would benefit me at all in my quest for a Amex card thru Amex ???

Would my chances be better for a Unsecured Amex thru USAA??

just wondering

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA Amex ???

USAA's Amex is administered by them (USAA). It would help as a positive TL on your CR, but that's it. If you want to build history w/Amex, then it needs to be an Amex that's on their website.

eta: I'm not sure the secured option is avail for ltd members. I apped for a USAA card last summer and was denied. I later learned that if I were a full member, they could have counter-offered me a secured card. But as a ltd. member, that was NOT an option for me.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 3
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Amex ???

@bichonmom wrote:

USAA's Amex is administered by them (USAA). It would help as a positive TL on your CR, but that's it. If you want to build history w/Amex, then it needs to be an Amex that's on their website.

eta: I'm not sure the secured option is avail for ltd members. I apped for a USAA card last summer and was denied. I later learned that if I were a full member, they could have counter-offered me a secured card. But as a ltd. member, that was NOT an option for me.

I apperciate the info .....got to know.......I guess I will just have to wait on the real deal..........

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.