Established Contributor
bamagirl1

USAA Approval!

Hi! Well I am so so happy, after a lot of ho humming I decided to app for a USAA MC.  My husband is in the Army and I have been a member for about 2 yrs with a savings account.  I got car insurance last year.  I do have a prev BK so I was a little or actually alot standoffish...

But I app'd and was approved for $2000... and 11.99 % which in comparision to some of ya'll isn't much but I am still in shock..

I do have a few ?S--

How to treat, (i.e do they like alot of usage and pif--how long before cli? are they a hard for a cli?)

thanks!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: USAA Approval!

Congrats.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

bamagirl1 wrote:

Hi! Well I am so so happy, after a lot of ho humming I decided to app for a USAA MC.  My husband is in the Army and I have been a member for about 2 yrs with a savings account.  I got car insurance last year.  I do have a prev BK so I was a little or actually alot standoffish...

But I app'd and was approved for $2000... and 11.99 % which in comparision to some of ya'll isn't much but I am still in shock..

I do have a few ?S--

How to treat, (i.e do they like alot of usage and pif--how long before cli? are they a hard for a cli?)

thanks!!

Congrats!

The main thing in keeping USAA happy is to not be late. You might want to earmark part of your savings account to be the I-can-pay-off-my-MC-in-a-flash-if-I-have-to fund. Otherwise, I carried balances back in the day (unexpected college tuition hike), and now I don't. I don't really see a pattern with them. I have shifted to using my two cards more and more, PIF'ing every month. I do everything online on their wonderful website.

They used to have customer-initiated CLI's, but from what I can tell, they're all automatic now. * steps aside to let corrections post * No hard inq. They'll soft your Equifax report, so keep it nice and tidy.

Don't forget to check your "My Offers" button periodically to see what might be lurking there.

Oh, and also, 'grats on the national championship. Our coach just bolted to USC, taking his top assistants with him. Looks like another loooong autumn up on The Hill. :smileytongue:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
bamagirl1

thanks hauling & concorduser!

yep we 'Bama fans in Alabama are elated as you can imagine..and I have to say I was a little suprised about Kiffin, but he struck me as well..never mind.. :smileyhappy:

Perhaps you'll get some1 even better to replace him..Any names being thrown out there yet?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
zerocoolmx6

I applied and got the below response. My overall uti is 26% but I have 2 cards at 84% each from consolidating my debt to lower apr cards. I've had a USAA Amex for 3 years @ a 4k limit.... I may call for a recon.

Thank you for your credit card application. We regret that we're unable to open an account for the following reasons:

• Number of open bankcards with balance greater than or equal to 75% of high credit reported in last 3 months
  • Number of Bank Revolving Accounts With High Balances
  • Number of Consumer Initiated Inquiries in the Past 12 Months
  • Number of open revolving accounts with balance greater than or equal to 75% of high credit reported in last 3 months
Senior Contributor
score_building

zerocoolmx6 wrote:

I applied and got the below response. My overall uti is 26% but I have 2 cards at 84% each from consolidating my debt to lower apr cards. I've had a USAA Amex for 3 years @ a 4k limit.... I may call for a recon.

Thank you for your credit card application. We regret that we're unable to open an account for the following reasons:

• Number of open bankcards with balance greater than or equal to 75% of high credit reported in last 3 months
  • Number of Bank Revolving Accounts With High Balances
  • Number of Consumer Initiated Inquiries in the Past 12 Months
  • Number of open revolving accounts with balance greater than or equal to 75% of high credit reported in last 3 months

USAA is a stickler for UTI and cringes at balances as your response also indicates.

It is best to apply for credit when not maxed out, since it can make you look desperate to lenders if you are maxed and still try to apply for more credit.

I was denied for high uti by pen fed in the 20s UTI so it can vary by lender what they'll tolerate and by applicant but generally speaking the lower the better prior to app.

congrats to OP on the highly coveted approval from USAA!

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

bamagirl1 wrote:

thanks hauling & concorduser!

yep we 'Bama fans in Alabama are elated as you can imagine..and I have to say I was a little suprised about Kiffin, but he struck me as well..never mind.. :smileyhappy:

Perhaps you'll get some1 even better to replace him..Any names being thrown out there yet?

I figure that Kiffin was crushed at the thought of losing Urban Meyer to harass! :smileywink:

Actually, I like Kippy Brown, and I'd be fine with him as head coach. But there are some other pretty important assistant jobs that are suddenly open, and we have a bunch of recruits and their parents who are not going to feel very reassured in committing to such a vague mess. All the obvious names --Tuberville, etc. --have already been grabbed by other programs.

But that's OK. I still remember singing with the UT Concert Choir at halftime, 3rd Saturday in October in 1982, out on the 50-yard line, when UT beat Bear Bryant in his last game at Neyland Stadium. That keeps me warm during our lean years! :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, congrats again. Expect more goodies on down the road --that's how it works with USAA.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+