Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC Offer

tag
jwduke
Regular Contributor

USAA CC Offer

I received a pre-approved offer for a USAA Rate Advantage for up to $25,000/12.9% interest rate.

My question to you guys, should I accept the offer?

I have a number of inquires (15 in the last 2 years), other than that, a 30 late over 4 years ago. My credit score (FICO) is 740......

-or-  should I garden for a while???

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA CC Offer

Yes, pre-approval is not a guarantee approval.

link:

http://www.cardtrak.com/questions/Preapproved_Credit_Card_Offers

Ron.

Message 2 of 27
jwduke
Regular Contributor

You are correct....Not sure if USAA is inquiry sensitive or not.

Message 3 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

You are correct....Not sure if USAA is inquiry sensitive or not.

Yes, they are inquiry sensitve and credit utilization sensitive. I got denied because of high utilization (8%) many years ago. They pull either EQ or EXP.

Ron.

Message 4 of 27
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I thought they were basically always eq and maybe others if marginal.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 27
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I do already have a "Rewards Card" there, but only have $500 on it. My UTI rate is around 10%.

Message 6 of 27
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I would go for it.  I love USAA, they gave me my highest limit card when my credit was marginal at best.  I had a major derog that was 3 years old and still got a credit card (2 actually).

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 7 of 27
greeneman21
Contributor

Their pre-approvals are as good as a sure, thing. I had various pre-approvals and took advantage of some and they were essentially exactly what was offered. Both CC and auto loan instances.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 8 of 27
greeneman21
Contributor

They are better reward cards out their, but to have all of your banking under one login, excellent customer service, and you can have all of their rewards cards go to the same bucket, which is great.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 9 of 27
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@greeneman21 wrote:

Their pre-approvals are as good as a sure, thing. I had various pre-approvals and took advantage of some and they were essentially exactly what was offered. Both CC and auto loan instances.

I agree with greeneman good as gold EQ piller

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.