Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC Offer

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: USAA CC Offer

@jwduke wrote:

I have a number of inquires (15 in the last 2 years), other than that, a 30 late over 4 years ago. My credit score (FICO) is 740......

How many inquiries in the last year? they don't matter or figure into your score past 12 months ago... I had high 600s when I apped for them with a late 6 years ago (60) and a major derog paid chargeoff 6 years ago and they gave me two 4k limits.. but when I app'd I was low on inquiries (2 or 3) and 9% UTI on a $300 card

Message 11 of 27
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I have 8 (INQ) in the past year.....

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

In my history with USAA, a pre-approval was a sure thing... I say go for it.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 27
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@jwduke wrote:

You are correct....Not sure if USAA is inquiry sensitive or not.

Yes, they are inquiry sensitve and credit utilization sensitive. I got denied because of high utilization (8%) many years ago. They pull either EQ or EXP.

Ron.

@Anonymous @ 8% being considered high util.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 27
greeneman21
Contributor

USAA is not inquiry sensitve (relatively speaking vs other banks like Chase), I have 6 from May-July, 5 of the inquiries are from USAA when i joined them in May and got, my auto loan thru them and 3 CCs, unfortunately they double dinged me on HP once. With that said, 4 apps 4 HP, unfortunately they dont use the same HP.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 15 of 27
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I agree with going for the card if you want it, but I don't think that is the best USAA card at all.   It is only useful if you are frequently carrying balances because they offer a lower APR.  There are no rewards.  But they do have a great rewards program that is easy to use and integrated into the USAA site for their rewards cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 16 of 27
r34dy2fly
Contributor

I'm not really a fan of USAA's rewards either. I ended up converting to the Cash Rewards program as I generally don't want anything they had listed.

I'm actually about to e-mail and ask about upgrading me to the Active Duty World MC.

Message 17 of 27
ceejx
Established Contributor

@r34dy2fly wrote:

I'm not really a fan of USAA's rewards either. I ended up converting to the Cash Rewards program as I generally don't want anything they had listed.

I'm actually about to e-mail and ask about upgrading me to the Active Duty World MC.

Good thing about cash rewards is they have something similar to the UR mall with chase, where they offer extra cash points if you purchase from certain retailers, some good retailers on the list too...

Message 18 of 27
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@r34dy2fly wrote:

Except the rewards program gives you the option of selecting merchandise, gift cards, or cash back.  And you can save up your points forever (they don't expire).

The cash rewards program only allows cash back and then just automatically gives whatever you have earned each January.  Rgular rewards, on the contrary, allow cashing whenever you feel like it (as long as you have the points), or save up for as long as desired before cashing.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 19 of 27
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Although my experience with USAA has been positive and I agree that the pre-approvals under the My Offers tab are almost a sure thing just a word of caution. When they say you are pre-approved for up to $25,000 do not expect that will be the CL on your new card. That is simply the maximum for that product. USAA is not known for leaping out with incredible credit lines if you do not already have high limit products. If your current CL's are lower limit then expect a $2000 - $4,000 CL on the new card.

I have seen posters who have current CC's with USAA in the 5 digits get both a matching CL on the second card and a new CL at 25% of the existing line. But all in all USAA is great to work with and as mentioned their online account management and CSR's are definitely above average.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.