Contributor

Re: USAA CC Offer

I had a preapproval on there a few days ago. And when I clicked on offers today it was gone? Is it random?

Moderator Emeritus

migo13 wrote:

I had a preapproval on there a few days ago. And when I clicked on offers today it was gone? Is it random?

Disappeared today for me as well, just as I was about to pull the trigger after refinancing my auto loan heh.  

Ah well, nothing says: "Time to Garden" like a lender getting cold feet, for whatever the reason :smileyhappy:.  I sort of suspect it might've been a mistake anyway, I've not had a single soft inquiry against my EQ report from them even with my having a secured installment loan through them.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been doing some reading. I've heard that they soft pull Experian for pre-approvals. If this is true, it would make sense because I have two new inquiries on my Experian. I just hope this won't affect the loan I'm about to apply for with them (it shouldn't because their hard pulls are EQ).

Moderator Emeritus

migo13 wrote:

Been doing some reading. I've heard that they soft pull Experian for pre-approvals. If this is true, it would make sense because I have two new inquiries on my Experian. I just hope this won't affect the loan I'm about to apply for with them (it shouldn't because their hard pulls are EQ).

Hrm, I find it suspicous though that both of ours dropped effectively same day... we're a pretty small subset of the population.

I was planning to pull my full EX report in the October timeframe anyway, I'll see there.  In other interesting news though, doesn't appear like I ever got a HP for the secured installment loan I opened up with USAA... which is just baffling to me, and I have seen all three reports since I picked up that loan, EQ was my last one to check and it ain't there.

Regular Contributor

What product is the secured installment loan? I was wondering if they had one of those, but could never find one. Thanks!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Contributor

@Revelate: USAA's Platinum Visa is showing up in my offers again, although it doesn't say that I'm preapproved. You?

Moderator Emeritus

apandabear wrote:

What product is the secured installment loan? I was wondering if they had one of those, but could never find one. Thanks!

I don't think they list it online, I simply called their CS department.

In this case it is a 100% LTV loan, secured by a variable rate CD.  You get to pick the term, and USAA's interest rate is pegged at 2% above the CD's interest rate.  For a $2500 loan with a 36 month term, it's about the cheapest quality tradeline one can get.  

That said when I finally pulled my real EQ report recently, it does report as secured, but meh.  I'm just looking to boost FICO :smileyhappy:.

Migo: it's all over the website and in my offers too; has been since the pre-approval went away in my case.  I was going to apply with the pre-approval (since I want a USAA CC anyway), but I'll wait till end of the year instead of pulling the trigger now.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.