Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA CC's

Does anyone know what CA USAA pulls from for their cc approvals?  I started banking with them last month and I noticed they did a soft pull of my EX but I hear they pull from EQ...just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA CC's

They pulled Equifax for me. And I don't know if location matters, but if it does, I'm in Texas.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

were you approved? I mean, with your current scores? Im scared to apply and get denied and waste an inquiry... Smiley Sad

@gijoe4500 wrote:

They pulled Equifax for me. And I don't know if location matters, but if it does, I'm in Texas.

Message 3 of 17
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

They pulled Equifax for my credit card app.  I am in Georgia.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 17
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I was not approved.  Often times, if not approved, they will offer you a secured card instead.  I didn't even get that offer, because I have some old charge offs still on my credit report.

Message 5 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@gijoe4500 wrote:

I was not approved.  Often times, if not approved, they will offer you a secured card instead.  I didn't even get that offer, because I have some old charge offs still on my credit report.

I know FICO scores are no guarantee for approval, but I'd love to know what scores are necessary to get a foot in the door with USAA Mastercard. I just moved my checking and savings accounts to USAA and should be knocking on the door to 700 in the months to follow.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 6 of 17
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

The person I talked to on the phone told me my scores themselves were high enough, and my recent credit history was excellent.  It was specifically the old charge-offs that I had that were getting me.  DOFD on the COs were 11/2005.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gijoe4500 wrote:

The person I talked to on the phone told me my scores themselves were high enough, and my recent credit history was excellent.  It was specifically the old charge-offs that I had that were getting me.  DOFD on the COs were 11/2005.

oh ok.  Just want to make sure and hopefully only pull EQ

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gijoe4500 wrote:

oh ok.  Just want to make sure and hopefully only pull EQ

since they did a soft pull on my EX when I opened my accounts with them

Message 9 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@gijoe4500 wrote:

Are the CO PIF?

Does it matter if they are paid?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.