Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

USAA CC

Opened my shiny new USAA  membership today.   Opened checking/savings with required $25 each.    website gave me a little trouble so I called ( rather they called me.....quickly)  They were AWESOME !  After getting my deposits set I was offered their CCs.  Wasnt sure but bit the bullet and was approved for $2k  How great is that.   I am on my way....... THANKS TO THIS FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My TU fico is 644   ( not sure of others)   I had zero balance on Walmart and Target cards  and 3 years on my truck.

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA CC

Great job! I opened my membership last week and am looking forward to *hopefully* becoming friends with their credit card soon.

Message 2 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: USAA CC

What is your APR?  I got my card yesterday and am disappointed.  When I was approved, the CSR told me the APR was 11.something plus prime, which would be 15.something.  When the card arrived, the APR is 18.99%.

I guess it's just another sock drawer liner.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
konabill
Regular Contributor

SRe: USAA CC

Still have not recd my debit card for banking accounts and still havent recd my Mastercard.  My USAA account online now shows 16.99 %  APR for the MC.    I DONT CARE ABOUT THE APR because I am completely CC debt free now (0% util) and I am staying that way.  I will use the card for Saturday Starbucks only.    BTW,,, I love this forum.

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 4 of 12
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Re: SRe: USAA CC

Oops- I see now.  I opened mine the same day as you (for DH and I) and recieved both debit cards in the mail yesterday. It should be there soon. If not, you might check in with them if you don't get it soon.

Message 5 of 12
konabill
Regular Contributor

Debit card arrived today. CASH BACK debit card ? This is even better than I thougt.  Smiley Very Happy  

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 6 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@konabill wrote:

Debit card arrived today. CASH BACK debit card ? This is even better than I thougt.  Smiley Very Happy  

Yep, 1/2% isn't a lot, but it's more than the 0% typical of debit cards. I sometimes use my debit card if I want cash back or something, and it's nice to know that I'm getting a rewards morsel in the process. (The cash back is only on the purchase, of course.)

I used to think that my USAA CC's were pretty weenie in the rewards department, but now that nearly everyone else has also dropped to 1%, I'm using them more and more.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 12
crivas21
Contributor

does anyone knows who does USAA CC pull from in california?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: 07/30/2007--EQ 575/ TU 560
Current Score: 01/18/2011--EQ 777/TU 765/EXP 763-(pull by CU)
Goal Score for 06/31/2011--EQ 800/TU 800/EXP 800

Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Should be Equifax, wherever you are.

They softed me once, just once, on Experian. But everything else, hard and soft, has been EQ.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
crivas21
Contributor

how do you join if im not in the military?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: 07/30/2007--EQ 575/ TU 560
Current Score: 01/18/2011--EQ 777/TU 765/EXP 763-(pull by CU)
Goal Score for 06/31/2011--EQ 800/TU 800/EXP 800

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.