Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC

tag
knightimer
Established Member

Re: USAA CC

How many USAA cards can you get? I have a MC and Amex already. I would like to get their Visa.

TransUnion 778 Date: 11/04/2011
Equifax 773 Date:1/08/2010
Experian 782 Date:11/15/2011 PESCU
Message 11 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

I'm sure how many you can have and I have World MC and Amex. I don't want them to close my current one.

Ron.

Message 12 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

what is a good USAA credit card to get....i will post my results of app spree in a fewdays

I got denied for Platinum MC a few years and it was 680.  Platinum MC is usually easier than Amex.

Ron.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA slapped me in the mouth and denied me on a World MC card, but then again, I'm only a limited member. I can accept the short credit history (13 months) and amount of inquiries (a lot on EQ), but they also gave me a bogus reason about having balances on too many accounts.

By "too many", I guess they mean on one account? I have $95 on one account, all other ones are zero.  Even with the newest CLs not updating, that means I'd have $95 used out of $8050.

I actually kind of want to recon it, but from what I've read, it sounds like it's pointless with USAA if you're not a full member.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel the same way about USAA. Don't get me wrong, their customer service is great, but I felt like if I wasn't a full member I could forget about having any other type of relationship with them.

I have read some isolated incidents of USAA partial members having success obtaining a credit card from them......but at a 23% interest rate, they can keep their card. Regardless to the fact that if you pay in full the interest rate doesn't matter, but still, Sheesh cut the partial members a little slack.

I moved my main banking to Alliant Credit Union and so far, I have been really happy with them. I can transfer money to all my accounts with the push of a button, and the online bill pay is awesome.

I still maintain a checking and savings with USAA.....but I'm highly considering closing the checking and keeping the savings.....just so I don't sever the relationship I have with them. One day my credit will be perfect, and maybe then they will decide that I am worthy of a credit product from them.

Good Luck :-)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.