Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: USAA CLI?

I received a  starting credit line of $9000 with USAA.  Now that AMEX has scared the daylights out me with a F/R, I won't be asking for CLIs from any bank ever again. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I was recently in the same situation. I applied for a credit card in July of 2010 with USAA. I was denied a "Regular Credit Card" because of a 2 Charge Offs, but  was offered a "USAA Classic Platinum MasterCard" with a $500 limit ($39 AF) and I accepted. I was told by USAA Customer Service Rep that after 6 months of on time payments I would be allowed receive a CLI. At 7 months I called back and I was told I had to wait for 1 year to receive a CLI on that card, but I can apply for a "Regular Credit Card". I applied for a "USAA Rewards MasterCard" and was given $4k CL. When the 1 Year mark came (Last Week) I was told the account would never be able to receive a CLI, so I closed the account since the AF was approaching.( My Opinion is USAA, gave me the $500 Classic card just to see how I would treat it, and since I made all the payments on time, they approved me for the Rewards Card. Since then they have approved me for a $7000 Personal Loan also.)

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bcdudley wrote:

I have been a USAA member since Apr' 2010.I have had my USAA credit card since Dec' 2010. When I apped for it, I got the lower one with the $1000 limit. They told me to try back later for the better world card. I am closing on a new house in about 3 weeks and I would like to request a cli or the world card immediately afterwards. We will be needing some new appliances like a refrigerator, washer and dryer as well as lawn stuff like a mower and weedeater, as soon as we move.

I have a perfect record with my USAA card and my other 2 credit cards also look great also. My credit scores are all around 650 -660, but they should be going up significantly in the next few days. I lowered my utilization on all 3 cards from 80% down to 10% for the last reporting period.

I do still have 3 negative accounts and 3 collections, but they are all 5+ years old except 1 which is 4 years old.

My other 2 cards are a $500 Capital One and a $1000 U.S. Bank secured card which are both around 10 months old.

I also have on my CR a Wells Fargo secured card for $1300 that was closed 10 months ago and opened 3 years ago. It also has a perfect payment history on it.

Thanks.

You're just going to have to pull the trigger.  There are far too many variables to say what they would do, except that they do not consider score alone.

It will be a hard pull on EQ.

Message 13 of 14
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I am going to as soon as I close on my house, I just wanted to get some opinions as to whether or not it would be approved. I would be fine with just gettign the $4k if they would do that. As I said, I need a few new appliances and I am trying to get an idea for budgeting. I have cash to pay for it all if needed, but I would prefer to put that back into my savings if possible. 

Thank you.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.