Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI

tag
WNA888
New Contributor

USAA CLI

I applied for a USAA AMEX card a few days ago and was instantly approved for 9K, which is quite low, relative to my other cards..  I want to get it increase without a hard pull.  I sent USAA a secured message, and they say their policy for a CLI is to wait 6 months, and it REQUIRES a hard pull, which I'm probably not going to do.

I tried to search google for a phone # to a USAA credit analyst or the correct department, but I have been unsuccessfully?  Does anyone have a backdoor number to USAA? Thanks 

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: USAA CLI

As far as I know, the information you were told is correct. It's been awhile since I dealt with USAA, others may have current info. 

Message 2 of 9
WNA888
New Contributor

Oh whoa.  I thought that I could speak to a credit analyst, look at my 800+ FICO score and CL of my other cards, and recon increasing it to like 12K+ at the very least without waiting 6 months and without a hard pull since they already have a fresh copy of my CR.

It's odd that while I was doing a google search, that were a whole bunch of backdoor phone numbers for the recon/credit analyst for the major issuers, but I can't find one for USAA. :/

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 3 of 9
SantanzChild
Valued Member

USAA Auto sp my credit about every 3 months and either ups my limit or not. Have had the card for over 8 years with them doing it that way. They have never been very receptive to cli requests.
Message 4 of 9
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@SantanzChild wrote:
USAA Auto sp my credit about every 3 months and either ups my limit or not. Have had the card for over 8 years with them doing it that way. They have never been very receptive to cli requests.

They said I could initiate a CLI with a HP, but they do indeed SP periodically, and offers change based on the cardholder's credit profile.

My thoughts are that if I have to take a HP, I'll go open a new card with the same bank, or elsewhere, and then transfer the credit line as needed.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

I also contacted them for a cli increase on 2 of my cards since my Equifax credit score had increased and the rep adivised me that Credit Limit increase requests are reviewed only after 180 days and would require a hard pull. 

I will qualify for a credit increase on 2 of my cards on Mar 15 2014.

After researching the forums for Usaa cli's I found many stories of card holders receiving almost double thier current limits after the 6 month mark (providing they have high Equifax score, no baddies, and low utilization). However I have not found any backdoor numbers for UW department.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did two USAA CLIs October 2013 and January 2014. Both were HPs. The CR told me they were not doing many auto CLIs. Also, the CR told me the cardholders were not allowed to communicate directly with the credit analysts. There were no external phone numbers to the credit department.

Message 7 of 9
mrvoicelc
New Contributor

I took a HP to increase my USA WMC and when I asked the CSR about a SP for a CLI or auto increase she told me they do reviews of accounts in January for an increase and since my card was opened in July it did not meet the 180 day requirement for an auto increase...a lot of the information we receive depends on who we speak to...it is like assembling a jigsaw puzzle it seems...

Message 8 of 9
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

My history with USAA went like this: initial cl 4k. 180 days later, cli to 7k. 180 days later, cli to 13k. 3 days later, apped the world mc, initial cl 13k. Every single one of those was an hp. I tried to use one hp for multiple things--they weren't havin it.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.