Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CS requirements??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA CS requirements??

Earlier this year I applied for and was denied a credit card with USAA.  I currently have Eq 642, TU 666 and Exp 666.  Any thoughts on my odds?  I went for years without using any credit cards after closing all of them in 2008 so all of my cards have been opened in the past 14 months which might be a concern for them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA CS requirements??

@Anonymous wrote:

I went for years without using any credit cards after closing all of them in 2008 so all of my cards have been opened in the past 14 months which might be a concern for them.

Your profile and that activity is probably a concern for most creditors.  With your credit profile you'll need to wait it out.  Rebuilding is a long, slow process so set reasonable expectations.

Message 2 of 4
gibeon
Established Contributor

You may want to try one of their "Classic" cards to start with.

I had similar EQ, though it may have been a bit lower, (which is what they pulled in mid June this year) and they approved me for a 1.5k Classic Amex two weeks after restoring my account from a previous charge-off with them.

Last night (four months later) they approved me for a Cash Rewards Plus Amex with a 5k SL. (EQ 661, and 37 Inquiries)

Pretty rough APR's on both, but USAA I PIF every month.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went for years without using any credit cards after closing all of them in 2008 so all of my cards have been opened in the past 14 months which might be a concern for them.

Your profile and that activity is probably a concern for most creditors.  With your credit profile you'll need to wait it out.  Rebuilding is a long, slow process so set reasonable expectations.

Thanks, that is what I am thinking also.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.