Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Card approval criteria?

tag
solxp
Contributor

Re: USAA Card approval criteria?

jrodzmc09 wrote:

So.. I am active duty, have a checking account, 2yr CD, brokerage service, and auto insurance but I'm still not a full member cause I don't have a regular usaa cc? I have a secured usaa amex. Wow this really blows.

Anyone who is eligible for Insurance is at minimum an Associate member(full member benefits) USAA has two tiers of full membership benefits the first tier are the ones who recived the dividend payouts and have SSA's with USAA these members are former/current officers or nco's in the USAF. Assoicate Members are children - grandchildren of members with active duty service. They are eligible for all services USAA provides.  Then there are Banking members (Ltd members) they are eligible for most services outside of insurance products and have some limitation with banking IE: no mobile deposit allowed at this time. 

So yes your a full member if you have auto insurance.  You dont even have to have a CC with them to do mobile banking you just have to be Eligible for one and vice versa you dont have to have insurance from them you just have to be eligible to get insurance and have a CC and bank account with them.

Message 31 of 33
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

@solxp wrote:

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

So.. I am active duty, have a checking account, 2yr CD, brokerage service, and auto insurance but I'm still not a full member cause I don't have a regular usaa cc? I have a secured usaa amex. Wow this really blows.

Anyone who is eligible for Insurance is at minimum an Associate member(full member benefits) USAA has two tiers of full membership benefits the first tier are the ones who recived the dividend payouts and have SSA's with USAA these members are former/current officers or nco's in the USAF. Assoicate Members are children - grandchildren of members with active duty service. They are eligible for all services USAA provides.  Then there are Banking members (Ltd members) they are eligible for most services outside of insurance products and have some limitation with banking IE: no mobile deposit allowed at this time. 

So yes your a full member if you have auto insurance.  You dont even have to have a CC with them to do mobile banking you just have to be Eligible for one and vice versa you dont have to have insurance from them you just have to be eligible to get insurance and have a CC and bank account with them.

So according to your definition, what would I be? 

I have auto insurance (soon renters), checking, savings, 2 credit cards, receive dividends on my auto ins, BUT I am not former military, just the son of a retired Army officer?  Smiley Happy

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 32 of 33
solxp
Contributor

So according to your definition, what would I be? 

I have auto insurance (soon renters), checking, savings, 2 credit cards, receive dividends on my auto ins, BUT I am not former military, just the son of a retired Army officer?  Smiley Happy

Are you saying you have a SSA with USAA?  SSA's are not the same as the  Auto Insurance Dividend payouts which is a seperate payment the board makes..

Its probably my fault for using that term in its generic form in a earlier post.  Everyone with Auto  insurance gets some form of "dividend" payment when authorized by the board.

SSA's at least I thought were only available to former/current Officers/NCO's. Those policies are issued by United Services Automobile Association These are the people who recieve SSA payout each year when the board authorizes it.   Ask your Dad if he has a SSA which he should but I dont think your eligible for one. Also check your policy I bet your insured by USAA-Casualty Insurance Company this is the branch that services the families of the qualifying members. USAA-Casualty Insurance Company (USAA-CIC) is not an insurance exchange its a DIC. Bottom line is your eligible for everyything except SSA's but your stitll considered a full member as far as the term is use on these forums.  

When buying or renewing insurance  it should list you as a Associate Member under member status you do not  see that  page untill  the confirmation page I think.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.