Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Cards

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

USAA Cards

Does anyone know if USAA will combine limits onto just one card or is it best to have two and let them both grow?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DontEatMyFriends
Established Member

Re: USAA Cards

I haven't had any luck doing that with them in the past.  Though they've always been more than happy to approve me for another credit card with 6k+ limits.  I'm also a bit skeptical about their CLI process as every time I've called I have been told by CSRs "reviews are done twice a year, and I can't authorize an increase at this point".  I've had insurance with them for 10 years, and cards with them for 2.  During those 2 years FICO scores have jumped an average of 70 points, and verifiable income has gone up about 27%.  Mine may not be the best situation to compare to, but I personally prefer NFCU.  I treat them right (prepaying loan balances, never missing payments, treating CSRs like people I like [because I do actually like them], etc.), and they return the favor (offer to get adjusters on the line instead of me requesting, never been denied for a loan/cc/loc/cli, willing to review CC APR's every 6 months to make sure I'm getting the best rate, able to transfer limits with a quick 15 minute phone call).  I treat the USAA people the same way, but it seems to me as if they rather you just sign up for something new (pressure for numbers I'd guess).  If I wasn't already married, I'd sure try to put a ring on NFCU's proverbial finger.  Smiley Happy  as always, just my 0.259 cents.

In the garden until they run out of veggie burgers.
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 10
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Noo not me! I have two cards with USAA and I just figured be easier with one card combining CL than two. But I guess it's better to have 2 trade lines right? I was bored so it got me thinking which is always bad. lol
Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just double checking. You are on my list of those I have to keep a close eye on! Lol
Message 5 of 10
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

lol.
Message 6 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Just double checking. You are on my list of those I have to keep a close eye on! Lol

@Anonymous,

You are always so on itSmiley LOL

You have such a keen eye for "those" posters that are serious violators,

@eh, @HYPASS33Smiley LOL

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 7 of 10
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Me a vilolator?? Nooo not me! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 10
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.