Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Classic Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Classic Amex

I've had this card 6 months, and just got a CLI -- went from $1K to $2K. Does anyone have recent (within past 12 mos.) experience to share re. PCing this card to a rewards card? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA Classic Amex

I was told by a CSR at one point they don't do PCs, so I'm stuck with the points based card I've had since 2008 (which is equivalent to 0.85% cash back).  Would love the 5/3/1 card if I didn't have to start over as far as aging.

Message 2 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

I was told by a CSR at one point they don't do PCs, so I'm stuck with the points based card I've had since 2008 (which is equivalent to 0.85% cash back).  Would love the 5/3/1 card if I didn't have to start over as far as aging.

+1

i don't think you can PC or move limits at USAA.    have also read another poster needed to close a card to get a CLI on another due to exposure...

and yeah that 531 card looks pretty good.      :]

Message 3 of 6
empiror22
Regular Contributor

ill confirm no pc, limit change from card to card, no apr reductions.  basically they dont you do anything besides ask for cli

Message 4 of 6
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I canceled both my classics within the past 2 weeks as I got denied for a rewards card strictly due to maximum exposure, which is crap as I only had $3000 in open credit between the two cards. I also had no rewards and a 21% APR so very useless.

I'm hoping after closing those I'll be able to snag a rewards in the next coming 2 weeks and not get denied for maximum exposure.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome news!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.