Frequent Contributor
seigex

USAA Credit Card Rewards tip

I got a tip from the USAA Credit Card CSR a couple days ago, meant to mention on here but keep forgetting, so here it is. Hopefully it hasn't been posted yet.

Sometime towards the end of the year (he said December) they are going to roll out a new rewards system that allows you to take advantage of their reward mall extra points in store. They are working with specific vendors to give extra points for shopping at those stores. He wasn't sure if you have to log on to specify which store prior, but said it will be a very valuable reward points system.

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Re: USAA Credit Card Rewards tip

awesomeness!  Does this apply to debit cards too?

Frequent Contributor
seigex

ccnewcc wrote:

awesomeness!  Does this apply to debit cards too?

not sure, I don't use my debit card, does it have reward points? I know chase does (albeit crappy) rewards for debit, but never checked on USAA

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Well the debit card itself doesn't have points/cash back, but if you use your debit card on the mall rewards shopping site then you get cash back based on whatever % the store is offering at that time

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+