cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Card holder but not a member,good experience?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

USAA Credit Card holder but not a member,good experience?

I'm curious to know what has been the experience in having a USAA credit card as a non-member(partial member) yet not being able to buy insurance or other services.Have you been treated well or has the service been second tier? I ask that question because I can not join USAA with full membership, but I can app for their credit cards which makes me wonder if that situation is problematic.Would a partial member be treated with the same level of importance? Are the interest rates much much higher? Is getting approvals more difficult for non-members?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Credit Card holder but not a member,good experience?

@MountainHiker wrote:

I'm curious to know what has been the experience in having a USAA credit card as a non-member(partial member) yet not being able to buy insurance or other services.Have you been treated well or has the service been second tier? I ask that question because I can not join USAA with full membership, but I can app for their credit cards which makes me wonder if that situation is problematic.Would a partial member be treated with the same level of importance? Are the interest rates much much higher? Is getting approvals more difficult for non-members?

There is a difference, but since I have never been a partial member, I can't say if the way you are treated by the customer service representatives is any different.  I would think that, basically, it isn't.

There can be, however, a difference in approval criteria, APRs and even credit limits.

I'd still recommend joining.  They are a great bank.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.