Established Contributor
MountainHiker

USAA Credit Card holder but not a member,good experience?

I'm curious to know what has been the experience in having a USAA credit card as a non-member(partial member) yet not being able to buy insurance or other services.Have you been treated well or has the service been second tier? I ask that question because I can not join USAA with full membership, but I can app for their credit cards which makes me wonder if that situation is problematic.Would a partial member be treated with the same level of importance? Are the interest rates much much higher? Is getting approvals more difficult for non-members?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Regular Contributor
McArthur

Re: USAA Credit Card holder but not a member,good experience?

MountainHiker wrote:

I'm curious to know what has been the experience in having a USAA credit card as a non-member(partial member) yet not being able to buy insurance or other services.Have you been treated well or has the service been second tier? I ask that question because I can not join USAA with full membership, but I can app for their credit cards which makes me wonder if that situation is problematic.Would a partial member be treated with the same level of importance? Are the interest rates much much higher? Is getting approvals more difficult for non-members?

There is a difference, but since I have never been a partial member, I can't say if the way you are treated by the customer service representatives is any different.  I would think that, basically, it isn't.

There can be, however, a difference in approval criteria, APRs and even credit limits.

I'd still recommend joining.  They are a great bank.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+