Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Card

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, I love them. I get no banking fees at all, refunds on the first 15.00 charged by other banks for ATM usage each month and rebates on all check card purchases. Every year in December I get a decent rebate on my car insurance (with rates in Florida that I have been unable to even come close to with other companies). And I get interest on a checking acount that has no minimum deposit reuirement.

I can wait until the baddie falls off next year.

Keez 

Message Edited by keezdriver on 03-04-2010 09:21 PM

oh no, i've heard nothing but good things about them.  i just meant i wouldn't waste my time applying for a likely denial Smiley Very Happy

i've been waiting this long to have better credit, i guess i can keep waiting some more!

Message 11 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nevertheless, I hope you've gotten on with them in one way or another. (Roth IRA, renters' insurance, CD, etc etc.)

Save the credit for later, if that seems right to you, but get your membership relationship started now. You might be surprised to see what goodies come your way, especially once any serious derogs leave your reports. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
laz98
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Nevertheless, I hope you've gotten on with them in one way or another. (Roth IRA, renters' insurance, CD, etc etc.)

Save the credit for later, if that seems right to you, but get your membership relationship started now. You might be surprised to see what goodies come your way, especially once any serious derogs leave your reports. Smiley Wink

i just joined, i don't actually have any of their products yet.  probably not going to need any, really...don't have money to put into an IRA or CD, already have insurance, etc.

as long as i still have collections on my report, i don't think any prime lenders will touch me with a stick.  sad, but true.  like i said, it's been 10+ years of lousy credit, so 1 or 2 more probably won't kill me.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewingerter wrote:

Does anyone know what score USAA is looking for to get a CC from them? Also are they BK friendly?

Thanks

I'm not sure what score they look for, but I'm fairly certain they look at other things besides score.

I had an EQ of 720 at the time and they preapproved me for a $25k AmEx.  Turned around a few minutes later and got a $25k MasterCard.  I think they also give a lot of weight to membership length and employment.

Message 14 of 20
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Don't waste your inq they are not bk friendly. Nor do they like inq's. It's best to have a clean report low inq's and if you got checking with them it has to be a clean record no bounced check's etc. They will check all that and deny for those reason's. USAA is good but I think NFCU is more relaxed with their lending. Get what credit you need and let it age, come this time next yr bank's are gonna be out to make up the losses due to the business loan's failure's. I would'nt get a credit card unless you plan to pif.  Rate's will go up again and it will be bad for those that carry large balance's. When those bank's or any other merchant try and sell me stuff or push product's off on me I just tell em due to the current economy crisis I have been forced to cut ya.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply adore USAA.  Their rates are great.  Their products are great.  Their CS is great.

Whether you qualify for any particular product now, or not....I highly recommend becoming a member and initiating whatever type of relationship you can presently.  And when the time comes, you can move up the ropes with them with additional products or services, credit and/or banking.

IMO  Smiley Happy

My top favorites:

NFCU

USAA

PSECU
Addison

Message 16 of 20
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

Yup.  Amex. Still have it.  Love the card.  USAA is great.
Message 17 of 20
jenrette
Valued Member

Rates will go up but for those carrying high balances the rate increase only effects new charges and not the debit already on the account according to the new laws I believe.

-- 3/7/09 TU: 759 3/8/09 EQ: 730
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jenrette wrote:
Rates will go up but for those carrying high balances the rate increase only effects new charges and not the debit already on the account according to the new laws I believe.

Rates did go up.

Last year lowest CC APR for full members was 7.9%.  They up'd to 8.90% V.

Message 19 of 20
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jenrette wrote:

Rates did go up.

Last year lowest CC APR for full members was 7.9%.  They up'd to 8.90% V.

Not for all full members.....at the beginning of last year my rate went from 5.75%F to 7.75%V and has been the same ever since.

I have been with them since 2001.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.