USAA Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Credit Cards

@boomhower wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on the responses I can only hope to get at least a starting limit of $5k and use the card sparingly. My goal is to get $20-$25k in additional credit with my app spree and use the 0% BT offers to put about $10k in my bank for 1 year Smiley Happy

Is that just o make intreast off the 10k or is there another reason? just curious

Yep, it's quite common actually.  If your not planning on any big purchases like a car or house it's a good way to get essentially free money.  You just have to watch for the balance transfer fees.  A $10k BT with an unlimited fee will hurt and you'll be hard pressed to make much on, especially with the common rates in typical savings accounts these days.

The 0% BT offers I have seen are 3% from Citi, Chase, and Barclays and 4% from BoA so worst case scenario I spend about $350 in BT fees for 12-21 months of interest free. I have to say that's much better than getting a personal loan for $10k at 12-15% interest. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.