Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Limits - Full Member vs. Non Full Member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Credit Limits - Full Member vs. Non Full Member

non full member - someone who on USAA's profile does not have military affilation. Products are limited.

Message 11 of 59
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

If your father is a full member, then you too should be able to join as a full member.  I joined in Jan 2012, full member, and both my daughters are now members thru me.   They both got credit cards in there own names with each a 3000 limit.  I got a World mastercard with 4000 limit and AMX with 1000 limit.  Just yesterday applied for a credit limit increase on the world mastercard and now my limit is 7000.  I will apply for a limit increase on the amx later this month.  When I opened the account my fico was 675, it is now 691. 

I do think in order for you to have insurance your father would have to get insurance, but I don't think it matters with credit cards. 

I say "go for it".

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 12 of 59
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

is your dad navy retired or just a navy vet?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 13 of 59
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I'm not a full member, don't know anyone personally who is, applied several months ago, instant approval for $8,300.
ImageImageImage

Message 14 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full Member / Platinum MC / $3000 CL, recently auto-increased to $4200

I'd been a full member for 13 years when I applied, and I'd been using their insurance products for several years. I think this was helpful since I didn't have any other revolving credit when I applied.

Message 15 of 59
ZoomZoom22
Valued Member

I am not a full member but I have car insurance 3 cars, USAA Amex (20k limit) and USAA MC (20k limit).

I was initially 2 years ago approved 10k/10k on those 2 cards and they both CLI about 8 months ago.

Even though I am not a full member I haven't been able to tell the difference or anything that I wanted that I couldn't get.

Message 16 of 59
amkari
New Contributor

I have no personal military affiliation... my membership is under the Legacy program from my grandfather who was retired Navy.  I had asked last year at an air show if Legacy members received all the same benefits as active duty and was told yes so I'm assuming I'm a full member.

I had car insurance with them as a teen, left, then have come back as an adult because they were the cheapest thing going.

Now I have my checking, savings, Secured AMEX, car insurance, and renter's insurance through them.

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 17 of 59
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

ZoomZoom22,

You said you weren't a full member but were able to get insurance?? I thought that only full members could get insurance or was it something else???  hmmm interesting..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 18 of 59
p-
Valued Contributor

I'm a full member.  They started me at 3k on my Amex black and raised it at my request to 6k.

Message 19 of 59
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bamagirl1 wrote:

ZoomZoom22,

You said you weren't a full member but were able to get insurance?? I thought that only full members could get insurance or was it something else???  hmmm interesting..

You're right and the description in some posts is off.

If you have their car insurance, or even if you've ever been on a USAA insurance policy I think, you're a full member.

        
Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.