USAA Credit Limits - Full Member vs. Non Full Member

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Credit Limits - Full Member vs. Non Full Member

@Revelate wrote:

@bamagirl1 wrote:

ZoomZoom22,

You said you weren't a full member but were able to get insurance?? I thought that only full members could get insurance or was it something else???  hmmm interesting..

You're right and the description in some posts is off.

If you have their car insurance, or even if you've ever been on a USAA insurance policy I think, you're a full member.

Correct.  You can become a full member by either serving, or being descended from a full member.  Once you are a full member you are fully eligible for all banking and insurance products.  If you do not meet full membership requirements, some limited banking products are available.

Message 21 of 59
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Ok, I knew it was something like that..Smiley Very Happy  I do have a question for the MC & Amex holders in the past year has anyone gotten an auto CLI or has any CLI you have been granted one that you initiated??

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 22 of 59
p-
Valued Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Ok, I knew it was something like that..Smiley Very Happy  I do have a question for the MC & Amex holders in the past year has anyone gotten an auto CLI or has any CLI you have been granted one that you initiated??

I had to ask for mine, and it cost me a hard pull on Equifax.  That was January.  But I've only had it since June of last year.

Message 23 of 59
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

No auto cli, I had to request mine with a hard pull on EQ.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 24 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:

I was just given an auto CLI from $3000 to $4200 after having my MC for one year. I wasn't expecting this as I'd heard it wasn't something USAA usually did, but maybe it's something they're starting back up?

Message 25 of 59
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I requested my CLI as well.  I wanted to combine the limits between my rewards card and a $1000CL secured card.  After they told me they could not combine the limits, they added an additional $1500 to my rewards CL and closed the secured card at the cost of a hard pull.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 26 of 59
haiti222
Contributor

I think the distinction is that your father is an insurance-eligible member, but he has never purchased insurance. If he purchases one insurance policy, then he becomes one of the permutations of "full member" depending on his eligibility. At that point, you would become an insurance-eligible member. For banking purposes, insurance eligible members are treated pretty much like what we are all calling "full members."

Message 27 of 59
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

No auto cli, I had to request mine with a hard pull on EQ.

+1 ; I requested my Amex credit limit increase (CLI) after 2 years 11 months of having my card and never requesting an increase. I spend $2,000 - $3,500 every month and pay in full (PIF) by or before due date. Increased from initial limit of $6k to $11k. Hard pull (meaning shows up as inquiry on credit report) on Equifax (EQ).

I included the abbreviations for others who might view this post; I know you know what these mean.

Full-member (served).

:::Edited to include card name.:::

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 28 of 59
luckelle
Regular Contributor

wow, just got off the phone with usaa. im prior service and im not considered full-member until i buy an insurance product. What gives. military is not enough these days. they played with the word' member". " your a member but with no insurance products" capitalism aint it great! Whats the point of entering all my military info for?

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 29 of 59
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Full member pulled EQ score in siggie, usaa amex cash rewards card 4K limit.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.