Frequent Contributor
NICKI183

Re: USAA Credit card question

My credit score is pretty low;however, my husband is a vet so I asked if he would sign up for USAA.  Well, I wanted a AMEX secured, but for wanted the MC.  I received a secured card with the CD!  It's my first secured card.  I am saving up to apply for the Secured AMEX with $1500.00.  This is a great start in the right direction. 

Current FICO scores: Mid 500's (5/27/14)
Current FICO score: 590 (10/27/14
Cap One: QuickSilver ($750), Journey($500), CapOne ($500) Secured USSA-AMEX ($550), Secured Discover IT ($200), Target ($500), Merrick Bank ($600), Fingerhut ($660)
Subprime: First Premier x2, Emblem Bank, Merrick Bank
Contributor
BearOSO

[ Edited ]

I have a secured CC with them and Friday applied for an unsecured line and was given a 5500 CL with a 670 EQ with 3 INQs on my EQ file.  I believe the 2 years of having their secured product with perfect payment history helped a lot and later this month I will receive my deposit back plus interest :smileyhappy:

So yes, their product is great! Helped me so much

Established Contributor
dodgeball

Congrats!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}