Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA DENIED!! lmao sorry garden club: 2 apps 1 inquiry situation

tag
quest208
Frequent Contributor

USAA DENIED!! lmao sorry garden club: 2 apps 1 inquiry situation

as you know i was approved for USAA around november 26.  still within 1 month, i figure it wont hurt to try and get the 0% interest card (0% interest for purchases within 3 months, have 12 months to pay it off at 0%, etc) which is also a rewards card.  i think its called military affiliates.

i figured, hey, it will still count as one inquiry, so what the hell.  so i called usaa and spoke to a rep.  i asked her if the application would count as one inquiry since i applied in november and she said yes.  so i said go ahead and take my app over the phone.

few minutes later.....DENIED!!!

she said that 11,000 is what i have on my approved credit card (the one from november) and that is the maximum amount they will give me on credit cards.  that's fine.  i just wish she had told me that BEFORE i applied LMAO.

anyway, i have my original approval and im just running with that.  if i apply for anything it wont be before may 2012.  i have 3 inquiries falling off my equifax report in april and my two toy cards will be 2 years old in march.  my usaa will be 6 months old in may.......so all roads lead to MAY 2012.

thought id share.  last night i swore i was an executive member of the garden club, inc.  the Credit App Dungeon League kidnapped me, i went willingly.  im pathetic, i know, i know.  shame.

BUT ITS STILL 1 INQUIRY FOR 2 APPLICATIONS!!  (that's how i justify it, LOL)

oh what a shame.  where are my roses, back to the garden i go

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA DENIED!! lmao sorry garden club: 2 apps 1 inquiry situation

@quest208 wrote:

as you know i was approved for USAA around november 26.  still within 1 month, i figure it wont hurt to try and get the 0% interest card (0% interest for purchases within 3 months, have 12 months to pay it off at 0%, etc) which is also a rewards card.  i think its called military affiliates.

i figured, hey, it will still count as one inquiry, so what the hell.  so i called usaa and spoke to a rep.  i asked her if the application would count as one inquiry since i applied in november and she said yes.  so i said go ahead and take my app over the phone.

few minutes later.....DENIED!!!

she said that 11,000 is what i have on my approved credit card (the one from november) and that is the maximum amount they will give me on credit cards.  that's fine.  i just wish she had told me that BEFORE i applied LMAO.

anyway, i have my original approval and im just running with that.  if i apply for anything it wont be before may 2012.  i have 3 inquiries falling off my equifax report in april and my two toy cards will be 2 years old in march.  my usaa will be 6 months old in may.......so all roads lead to MAY 2012.

thought id share.  last night i swore i was an executive member of the garden club, inc.  the Credit App Dungeon League kidnapped me, i went willingly.  im pathetic, i know, i know.  shame.

BUT ITS STILL 1 INQUIRY FOR 2 APPLICATIONS!!  (that's how i justify it, LOL)

oh what a shame.  where are my roses, back to the garden i go

Well, if you scores are fakos, why don't you go and order your scores from myfico?  They are having a sale going on as we speak...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 2 of 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I just posted a reply to you in the Garden Club. Rest assured, you are still a member in good standing. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

A mod may have to merge those threads, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.