Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Dilema

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

USAA Dilema

It's been 20 months since I have had the USAA CLassic Platinum with a CL of $1000 and AF of $39. Was told that the card would graduate at 12 months to a regular MC.

Hasn't happened. I have called 4 times, escalated to their 'executive' office and was told that the accoutn is reviewed periodically and the system offers this change. Thney can't do a manual overide. Even the EO told me that.

My AF is due in September and I cant seem to be able to get this card converted. So far USAA has lost my car loan since they didn't want to refi me last year to a lower rate, went and got a 1.49% APR refi elsewhere (I was at 4.99 with them).

I did a last ditch effort today to try to save this card but it seems like it's going to end up being closed end of August. What a shame, I really had hope with USAA.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Dilema

Wow! I usually dont hear horror stories about USAA. But this is a bit alarming since a lot of members want to apply for a USAA card. Sorry to hear that they wont work with you Smiley Sad

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 18
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear. How are you using the card op?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 18
Volpes
Regular Contributor

That's a shame

I'm not too surprised about the loan interest rate. USAA loan interest rates aren't all that competitive; their credit card interest rates are, but only if you are a full member.

A while ago USAA slashed my Master Card's limit from $5,000 to $1,500 (NEVER late, no judgements, collections, NO significant "baddies" on my credit profile); the sad part is I paid it down from $4,400 to $1,500 THEN they slashed it Smiley Frustrated Now I'm waiting for it to go back up... its a sad day when your Cap1 credit limit has a higher limit... ahah

Message 4 of 18
bmis42988
New Contributor

is that the secured one? I just got approved for the amex and visa platinum cash rewards, no AF, 0% interest and balance transfer for 12 months with 650~ scores. I'm really surprised it hasn't graduated.

TU: 687 EQ: 670 EX: 665
Message 5 of 18
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

I've tried with USAA's EO.. they're basically useless and don't do anything. No discretion anywhere. I don't know what has happened to them lately, but they are righlt along side Chase and Bank of America as far as I'm concerned. I have them for my auto insurance because they do have the best rate.. but other than that, they're dead to me.

Message 6 of 18
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Wow! I usually dont hear horror stories about USAA. But this is a bit alarming since a lot of members want to apply for a USAA card. Sorry to hear that they wont work with you Smiley Sad

You must not get around much.  Don't know why people defend USAA like there is no tomorrow.  I have been with USAA for longer than I can remember, and I have witnessed the decline of what was and what use to be USAA.  

Now USAA is just another company. Nothing special.  

Message 7 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Don't know why people defend USAA like there is no tomorrow.

Not defending them -- just adding my experience.  USAA has been good to me.

Message 8 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
Sorry to hear. How are you using the card op?

I have an auto insurance paid on it every month then it's PIF before the statement. Never late.

Message 9 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

That's a shame

I'm not too surprised about the loan interest rate. USAA loan interest rates aren't all that competitive; their credit card interest rates are, but only if you are a full member.

A while ago USAA slashed my Master Card's limit from $5,000 to $1,500 (NEVER late, no judgements, collections, NO significant "baddies" on my credit profile); the sad part is I paid it down from $4,400 to $1,500 THEN they slashed it Smiley Frustrated Now I'm waiting for it to go back up... its a sad day when your Cap1 credit limit has a higher limit... ahah

I'm a full member but they did not want to touch the APR on my car loan. And it's true my Cap One is at $5000 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.