Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA EO Number?

tag
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

USAA EO Number?

Was looking to see if USAA had some sort of EO I could contact.

I wanted to convert my USAA Platinum MC to a chip-and-PIN.  When I tried to do so initially I was told my card was still coded as having my photo on it (I did have one when I signed up 10 years ago but lost it when I converted to a Platinum card with a new account number).  They told me they would send a technical request and check back in 10 days.  When I followed up I was told they were unsuccessful and that the only way to obtain a chip card would be to open a new account.

Given I don't use the card much (very underwhelming rewards program) and it is my oldest card, I don't want to close my old card and open a brand new one with a HP.  I wanted to see if it would be possible to open a new account and backdate it to my original account opening in 2003.  I am going overseas in a few months and wanted a card with a PIN as the primary verification (I have chip-and-sig but know from family experience that USAA defaults to PIN).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA EO Number?

Hate doing this, but

bump

Message 2 of 8
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Back when I worked there (a few years back) ERT did not have their own number... You just have to call in and ask the frontline agent for someone in ERT... Or to put it bluntly you have to escalate to a sup. The ERT use take all of our escalation calls. Butthey may do things differently now.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA told me that to get a credit card with a chip & pin it had to be their World Mastercard or the Platinum version of the World Mastercard (which platinum version card that is today ???). Did the conversion and like having it. You nailed their rewards program square on the head. It is underwhelming as they have not updated it to keep in sync with current market forces. Likely time will bring changes so you may want to hold the card.
Message 4 of 8
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

That's the weird thing.  I have a Platinum MC, but I converted from a non-Platinum card a long time ago that had a photograph on it.  For some reason the photo option is still enabled for the card (although I have a new account number and no longer have the photo).  They are telling me they tried to remove the photo option but could not, and the only way to get a chip card would be to apply for a new account.  I already have the MC and AMEX cards, so I certainly don't need a third.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I wonder why cards can't be pc'd. I don't always want more credit I just want the credit product that has the rewards I want.
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why cards can't be pc'd. I don't always want more credit I just want the credit product that has the rewards I want.

It's the method in which products get coded by the system.  You'd be surprised how many product codes and sub-products exist for all lenders combined.

Message 7 of 8
rex_03
Contributor

Ask a rep to use KD, and search chip and pin.. The info should be there. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.