Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Flexible Spending CC?

tag
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

USAA Flexible Spending CC?

Quick Question:

My USAA MC is being listed as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card"  It list the correct credit limit of $6k.

How is this different than being listed as your standard Credit Card?

Is this adversely affecting me in any way?

Does it really matter?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA Flexible Spending CC?

anyone?

Message 2 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Found an old thread that hauling said he has one and it does report the cl so it would be in the calculation

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Flexible-spending-credit-card-utilization...

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Is it a world mastercard? World mastercards (and I assume world elite mastercards as well) are, as far as I know, NPSL cards, therefore it might report as flexible spending. 

Message 4 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

i can't wait until i get one of those type of cards, its definetly one of my goal cards. i still have a pretty good way to go thoughSmiley Frustrated

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

i can't wait until i get one of those type of cards, its definetly one of my goal cards. i still have a pretty good way to go thoughSmiley Frustrated

Same. It kind of makes me wish I didn't know about all these types of cards, then I wouldn't long for them Smiley Tongue 

Before I came to myfico I knew there was visa, mastercard, discover, and amex....I knew amex had charge cards, that's it. Didn't know there was visa signature, world mastercard, world elite mastercard, any of that. 

Now I just want them all, and I'm too much of a credit noob to qualify Smiley Sad 

Message 6 of 10
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

Yes, it actually is titled "World MasterCard" on the actual card.

I had no idea what any of that meant when I signed up for it, btw.  I thought it was just an extra word they threw in there just for the sake of it :-/

Although, now that I'm reading through some of the previous threads I've found, I'm glad USAA is reporting an actual credit limit.  USAA not reporting my credit limit would murder my UTI.

Message 7 of 10
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I think if they report the limit and label it a flexible account then it would factor it normally in regards to UTL. When its comes to no limit being reported, you would need to rack the account up and then pay it off asap so you can create a baseline.
Message 8 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@cassie3783 wrote:

Yes, it actually is titled "World MasterCard" on the actual card.

I had no idea what any of that meant when I signed up for it, btw.  I thought it was just an extra word they threw in there just for the sake of it :-/

Although, now that I'm reading through some of the previous threads I've found, I'm glad USAA is reporting an actual credit limit.  USAA not reporting my credit limit would murder my UTI.

World mastercard is a NPSL card (similar to visa sig). It also comes with more perks than your average classic, gold, or platinum mastercard. Your creditor (in this case USAA) will usually give you a packet with all the benefits of your specific card. 

Message 9 of 10
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

My CSP MasterCard reports that way but it also says I have a $5k credit line. I've always been confused by that.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.