Contributor
cassie3783

USAA Flexible Spending CC?

Quick Question:

My USAA MC is being listed as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card"  It list the correct credit limit of $6k.

How is this different than being listed as your standard Credit Card?

Is this adversely affecting me in any way?

Does it really matter?

Thanks!

Current Score: I don't wanna talk about it this month!
Current Goal:750 across the board
Ultimate Goal: 800+
Chillin' (for real this time) in the garden for a while now until AT LEAST 12/2013. *sigh* Wish me luck!
Contributor
cassie3783

Re: USAA Flexible Spending CC?

anyone?

Chillin' (for real this time) in the garden for a while now until AT LEAST 12/2013. *sigh* Wish me luck!
Senior Contributor
john398

Found an old thread that hauling said he has one and it does report the cl so it would be in the calculation

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Flexible-spending-credit-card-utilization...

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Is it a world mastercard? World mastercards (and I assume world elite mastercards as well) are, as far as I know, NPSL cards, therefore it might report as flexible spending. 

Established Contributor
gettnthere

i can't wait until i get one of those type of cards, its definetly one of my goal cards. i still have a pretty good way to go though:smileyfrustrated:

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

gettnthere wrote:

i can't wait until i get one of those type of cards, its definetly one of my goal cards. i still have a pretty good way to go though:smileyfrustrated:

Same. It kind of makes me wish I didn't know about all these types of cards, then I wouldn't long for them :smileytongue: 

Before I came to myfico I knew there was visa, mastercard, discover, and amex....I knew amex had charge cards, that's it. Didn't know there was visa signature, world mastercard, world elite mastercard, any of that. 

Now I just want them all, and I'm too much of a credit noob to qualify :smileysad: 

Contributor
cassie3783

Yes, it actually is titled "World MasterCard" on the actual card.

I had no idea what any of that meant when I signed up for it, btw.  I thought it was just an extra word they threw in there just for the sake of it :-/

Although, now that I'm reading through some of the previous threads I've found, I'm glad USAA is reporting an actual credit limit.  USAA not reporting my credit limit would murder my UTI.

Regular Contributor
aloush11

I think if they report the limit and label it a flexible account then it would factor it normally in regards to UTL. When its comes to no limit being reported, you would need to rack the account up and then pay it off asap so you can create a baseline.
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

cassie3783 wrote:

Yes, it actually is titled "World MasterCard" on the actual card.

I had no idea what any of that meant when I signed up for it, btw.  I thought it was just an extra word they threw in there just for the sake of it :-/

Although, now that I'm reading through some of the previous threads I've found, I'm glad USAA is reporting an actual credit limit.  USAA not reporting my credit limit would murder my UTI.

World mastercard is a NPSL card (similar to visa sig). It also comes with more perks than your average classic, gold, or platinum mastercard. Your creditor (in this case USAA) will usually give you a packet with all the benefits of your specific card. 

Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

My CSP MasterCard reports that way but it also says I have a $5k credit line. I've always been confused by that.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}