Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Fraud Department Issue drove me back to Amex

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

USAA Fraud Department Issue drove me back to Amex

Got a call from USAA's fraud department, gave me long lecture how using their American Express product only at Costco makes it appear that the card is being used fraudulently and they would be blocking charges at Costco going forward.  Aside from a monthly donation to Wounded Warrior we really do only use that card for Costco. 

Tried reasoning with the guy that even when we charged $3,100 at Costco 2 months ago they were paid, they are always paid and I can't understand how they would be suspicious about only using the card at Costco.  Without the ability to use the card at Costco and extremely underwhelming limit and rewards, the card isn't going to do much good going forward, just stick it in a drawer and be done with it.  

Opened the American Express Business Green, approved after I called in with my Experian PIN.  Not a huge fan of American Express in general but at least the account should be backdated to 2005.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
flyingace
Valued Member

Re: USAA Fraud Department Issue drove me back to Amex

Did you mention to him that this is going to cause you to SD the card? This is kind of silly... well, as you said, take your business elsewhere. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 2 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Poor cust service. Wonder why Costco bothered them?
Message 3 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Got a call from USAA's fraud department, gave me long lecture how using their American Express product only at Costco makes it appear that the card is being used fraudulently and they would be blocking charges at Costco going forward.  Aside from a monthly donation to Wounded Warrior we really do only use that card for Costco. 

Tried reasoning with the guy that even when we charged $3,100 at Costco 2 months ago they were paid, they are always paid and I can't understand how they would be suspicious about only using the card at Costco.  Without the ability to use the card at Costco and extremely underwhelming limit and rewards, the card isn't going to do much good going forward, just stick it in a drawer and be done with it.  

Opened the American Express Business Green, approved after I called in with my Experian PIN.  Not a huge fan of American Express in general but at least the account should be backdated to 2005.

Wow sorry to hear that and truly don't understand their thinking at all but congrats on the Amex business Yay 

Which card did you get?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 19
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Just the Green card for now.  

Message 5 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Might consider the business costco as well and if you just app'ed today use the same pull YMMV

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 19
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

Might consider the business costco as well and if you just app'ed today use the same pull YMMV

I am actually on the phone with them now (have been for 35 minutes now) trying to get it but they are insisting on using a different pull for it.  I am now on my 3rd manager.  

Message 7 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

I am actually on the phone with them now (have been for 35 minutes now) trying to get it but they are insisting on using a different pull for it.  I am now on my 3rd manager.  

Good luck fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 19
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

42:00 and counting, not sure if this card is worth my time this morning.  

Message 9 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

42:00 and counting, not sure if this card is worth my time this morning.  

Its worth it hold on to that call Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.