Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA...Hopped The Garden Fence-And.....

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

USAA...Hopped The Garden Fence-And.....

Got approved instantly for USAA Platinum Visa---$11k CL!! That is higher than ALL of my other accts. combined and then some. I was originally going to go for the Duck card but felt for sure I would strike out so I opted for this (USAA) b/c at least I'm a member. Joined a month ago. Okay-lead me back to the garden (until sometimes next year).

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: USAA...Hopped The Garden Fence-And.....

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Got approved instantly for USAA Platinum Visa---$11k CL!! That is higher than ALL of my other accts. combined and then some. I was originally going to go for the Duck card but felt for sure I would strike out so I opted for this (USAA) b/c at least I'm a member. Joined a month ago. Okay-lead me back to the garden (until sometimes next year).

WTG congrats 

Now get to planting Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
chewchowlady
Valued Member

That's a great addition to your wallet. Congrats!

Happy Gardening!

Seedling:

Discover It 5.5K / OCCU Duck 5K / Sportman's Guide Visa 5K / Walmart Discover 4.2K / Citi AA Amex 3.5K / Chase Freedom 2K / Cap1 Quick Silver 2K / BOA Cash 2K / Amex BCE 1K - Too many store cards to list!

Garden since 11/14/2013 - No need to apply for any new credit until closing on my home! (Summer 2015)
Message 3 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Thanks myjourney and chewchowlady. I absolutely was NOT expecting a 5 figure approval-thank goodness I was already sitting down-LOL. That CL makes me set for  for a LONG time.  The next things I might work on are SP CLI's for some of my other existing cards incl. Discover IT and a possible upgrade from Macy's to Macy's Amex. But NO MORE HP's and new apps for a long time.

BUSINESS
Message 4 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I love USAA. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Congrats Credit-hoarder! I don't think anyone can argue about your choice in cards with an $11,000 approval.
Message 6 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP! Very nice limit!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! Care to share your stats at time of app?
Message 8 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

When I last looked recently: EX fico 669, EQ fico 699, TU fico 704--8 newly opened TL's ranging from 1 to 2 mos. old--approx 5% util currently, one paid CO at least 3 yrs old and a few paid public records (HOA related) .ranging from 2 to 6 years old but no lates on any accts for the last 7 years at least. . Not a stellar CR by all means, but slowly improving.

BUSINESS
Message 9 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

When I last looked recently: EX fico 669, EQ fico 699, TU fico 704--8 newly opened TL's ranging from 1 to 2 mos. old--approx 5% util currently, one paid CO at least 3 yrs old and a few paid public records (HOA related) .ranging from 2 to 6 years old but no lates on any accts for the last 7 years at least. . Not a stellar CR by all means, but slowly improving.

Thanks for these stats! I haven't checked my EQ since July but it was 734 then. My UTL has gone up a bit since then too. Def have USAA on my radar. I've been so happy with them since becoming a member. Are you a full or limited member?

Edit: And YAY! for improving. That is what I have been doing for years and it's so worth it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.