Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

USAA...Hopped The Garden Fence-And.....

Got approved instantly for USAA Platinum Visa---$11k CL!! That is higher than ALL of my other accts. combined and then some. I was originally going to go for the Duck card but felt for sure I would strike out so I opted for this (USAA) b/c at least I'm a member. Joined a month ago. Okay-lead me back to the garden (until sometimes next year).

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA...Hopped The Garden Fence-And.....

Credit-hoarder wrote:

Got approved instantly for USAA Platinum Visa---$11k CL!! That is higher than ALL of my other accts. combined and then some. I was originally going to go for the Duck card but felt for sure I would strike out so I opted for this (USAA) b/c at least I'm a member. Joined a month ago. Okay-lead me back to the garden (until sometimes next year).

WTG congrats 

Now get to planting Lol

This point should be stressed more here an app spree should not be encouraged because its not for every profile
A thick file will support more apps at one time while a thin file may see negative reaction to this process

IMHO 4+ at one time is to many for a new file and it should be kept to 1-3 a year but we get caught up sometimes in seeing the little wheel spin and the words approved
Valued Member

That's a great addition to your wallet. Congrats!

Happy Gardening!

Seedling:

Discover It 5.5K / OCCU Duck 5K / Sportman's Guide Visa 5K / Walmart Discover 4.2K / Citi AA Amex 3.5K / Chase Freedom 2K / Cap1 Quick Silver 2K / BOA Cash 2K / Amex BCE 1K - Too many store cards to list!

Garden since 11/14/2013 - No need to apply for any new credit until closing on my home! (Summer 2015)
Established Contributor

Thanks myjourney and chewchowlady. I absolutely was NOT expecting a 5 figure approval-thank goodness I was already sitting down-LOL. That CL makes me set for  for a LONG time.  The next things I might work on are SP CLI's for some of my other existing cards incl. Discover IT and a possible upgrade from Macy's to Macy's Amex. But NO MORE HP's and new apps for a long time.

Valued Contributor

Congrats! I love USAA. Smiley Wink
Established Contributor

Congrats Credit-hoarder! I don't think anyone can argue about your choice in cards with an $11,000 approval.
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP! Very nice limit!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! Care to share your stats at time of app?
I prefer to learn and share from experience than from speculation
Established Contributor

When I last looked recently: EX fico 669, EQ fico 699, TU fico 704--8 newly opened TL's ranging from 1 to 2 mos. old--approx 5% util currently, one paid CO at least 3 yrs old and a few paid public records (HOA related) .ranging from 2 to 6 years old but no lates on any accts for the last 7 years at least. . Not a stellar CR by all means, but slowly improving.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Credit-hoarder wrote:

When I last looked recently: EX fico 669, EQ fico 699, TU fico 704--8 newly opened TL's ranging from 1 to 2 mos. old--approx 5% util currently, one paid CO at least 3 yrs old and a few paid public records (HOA related) .ranging from 2 to 6 years old but no lates on any accts for the last 7 years at least. . Not a stellar CR by all means, but slowly improving.

Thanks for these stats! I haven't checked my EQ since July but it was 734 then. My UTL has gone up a bit since then too. Def have USAA on my radar. I've been so happy with them since becoming a member. Are you a full or limited member?

Edit: And YAY! for improving. That is what I have been doing for years and it's so worth it.

I prefer to learn and share from experience than from speculation

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.