Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA I'm so pissed.....

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

USAA I'm so pissed.....

I called on June 11 and ask for credit limit increase on my account and suprised me today. They pull my credit report without my permission eventhou i already disscuss with CSR that i dont want my credit report pull in anyway ......Guess what ???.....He still pull it anyway......I called their executive team and they said the only way i can do is disputed with CRedit bureau and there's nothing they can do about it......

Is it sound right ??? I mean i already ask the guys that if he had to pull my credit report then he should let me know but he said it's gonna be SP and nothing going to affect my credit report ??? Can I file a complaint or sue them ???? It's so 3 HP on my credit report and like i said I'm in the process of my mortgages and its drop my score almost 30 points ???????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: USAA I'm so pissed.....

An inquiry shouldn't drop your score by 30 points. Are there any other changes?

You can try dispute it but chances are you will lose the dispute. A HP is legitimate whenever anyone seeks any form of credit. It does suck that the CSR told you otherwise, but its always a crapshoot with CSRs.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
An inquiry shouldn't drop your score by 30 points. Are there any other changes?

You can try dispute it but chances are you will lose the dispute. A HP is legitimate whenever anyone seeks any form of credit. It does suck that the CSR told you otherwise, but its always a crapshoot with CSRs.

i shopping for a mortgate and there's 3 inquiry on the same day and they all on Equifax......bring me up to 13 on EQ........i disputed with EQ online and sent those USAA ppl disputed letter.....Hope they should take care of it soon ;-(. 750 drop down to 731 hmmmmmmmm Hope it's not affect my mortgages change......I freaking hate USAAA.....

Message 3 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry this happened to you. Just one of the reasons I always say - if applying or thinking about a mortgage do nothing that may effect your credit report.
Message 4 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i know i should learn my lesson and not trust their CSR........

Message 5 of 19
lonewolf210
Established Member

Are you a full member? If you qualify for a VA loan that drop won't really matter. I qualified for the lowest rate with a 680...

Message 6 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I'm PArtial member and I apply for PEnfed mortgages loan 5/5 ARM......haven't heard anything from them !!!

Message 7 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

I would recommend you call USAA again and try have them remove it. That's probably the best solution in getting it removed.

If they do respond to the dispute chances are it will not be in your favor. 

Have you tried talking to your mortage officer to see if those inquiries are going to be a problem?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I would recommend you call USAA again and try have them remove it. That's probably the best solution in getting it removed.

If they do respond to the dispute chances are it will not be in your favor. 

Have you tried talking to your mortage officer to see if those inquiries are going to be a problem?

I did sent them a dispute letter and fax it to their executive team and let them solve the problem. I also disputed it with CRA.....i dont know how long it's would take them to take care of that and on top of that ??? I don't think its going to bring my score back even its remove thou ??? is that right ??????

I haven't talk to my mortgage officer because i still waiting for them to call me.......My credit score at 731.....Hope i still get approved with the best rate.......

Message 9 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

From a few posts that I've read, it seems that the scores will not go back to what it is before. I am not sure on that though.

It depends on how long the dispute takes, and also if USAA is fighting the dispute as well. If they do, it's going to take longer.

If USAA is willing to just delete it from their end, it usually takes 4-8 weeks for the CRAs to update. It took Experian about 6 weeks to remove 1 of my inquiries.

I think with a 731 you should be fine. They do look at your CR, not just your score, so that might help you out as well.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.