Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA I'm so pissed.....

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA I'm so pissed.....

I think something else happened per the score change. Are you sure you are comparing the same score version?

If the inquiry was disputed, watch out for a potential fraud alert on your report(s).

Message 11 of 19
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@enharu wrote:
An inquiry shouldn't drop your score by 30 points. Are there any other changes?

You can try dispute it but chances are you will lose the dispute. A HP is legitimate whenever anyone seeks any form of credit. It does suck that the CSR told you otherwise, but its always a crapshoot with CSRs.

i shopping for a mortgate and there's 3 inquiry on the same day and they all on Equifax......bring me up to 13 on EQ........i disputed with EQ online and sent those USAA ppl disputed letter.....Hope they should take care of it soon ;-(. 750 drop down to 731 hmmmmmmmm Hope it's not affect my mortgages change......I freaking hate USAAA.....

Wait a second... You are applying for new credit while doing a mortgage application? Seriously? I wouldn't be blaming USAA here. You shouldn't have approached them asking for a CLI, period.

CSR are not trained in the deep details of credit. Most don't know the difference between a SP and a HP and even if they did they didn't write their internal credit system so they can't guarantee you anything. Many lenders, like Navy Fed, will do a SP first and sometimes do a HP and there isn't really any way for you, or anyone else, to know which will happen before hand. If you read this forum you'd already know this.

So don't blame the CR rep for your own self caused issue.

Seeking any new credit while doing a mortgage is a no no. It doesn't matter what it does to your score. Just seeing it alone is enough to worry a lender...

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 12 of 19
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

@enharu wrote:
An inquiry shouldn't drop your score by 30 points. Are there any other changes?

You can try dispute it but chances are you will lose the dispute. A HP is legitimate whenever anyone seeks any form of credit. It does suck that the CSR told you otherwise, but its always a crapshoot with CSRs.

i shopping for a mortgate and there's 3 inquiry on the same day and they all on Equifax......bring me up to 13 on EQ........i disputed with EQ online and sent those USAA ppl disputed letter.....Hope they should take care of it soon ;-(. 750 drop down to 731 hmmmmmmmm Hope it's not affect my mortgages change......I freaking hate USAAA.....

Wait a second... You are applying for new credit while doing a mortgage application? Seriously? I wouldn't be blaming USAA here. You shouldn't have approached them asking for a CLI, period.

CSR are not trained in the deep details of credit. Most don't know the difference between a SP and a HP and even if they did they didn't write their internal credit system so they can't guarantee you anything. Many lenders, like Navy Fed, will do a SP first and sometimes do a HP and there isn't really any way for you, or anyone else, to know which will happen before hand. If you read this forum you'd already know this.

Seeking any new credit while doing a mortgage is a no no. It doesn't matter what it does to your score. Just seeing it alone is enough to worry a lender...

I've called for plenty of CLI and requested only a SP and every CSR that I talked to knew what I was talking about. It's his fault that the CSR doesn't understand their job? I have USAA I know that many of their CSR understand what a HP is and they will tell you that if you request certain things you will get them. If the CSR did that he would have declined and then the story is over. He asked for one thing and got something completely different, if you don't understand why he's upset about that then that's your problem. Yeah maybe it was the wrong time to look for credit but you come off like a douchebag with the tone of your reply.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 13 of 19
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Deep breaths everyone.

One of the great things about this forum is we treat each other with respect.

Let's not namecall. . .

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 14 of 19
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry this happened to you. Just one of the reasons I always say - if applying or thinking about a mortgage do nothing that may effect your credit report.

09Lexie: How far in advance do you suggest no more apps, etc?  I'm about a year out from applying for a mortgage but I was thinking about possibly apping for a card this month (Chase). Not sure yet if I will be apping for a new card or a CLI from them yet but either way it would result in a HP.    I realize if you don't have to apply, don't apply, so I'm not in need, just trying to get my profile prime and rid the sub-prime out.

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 15 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I've called for plenty of CLI and requested only a SP and every CSR that I talked to knew what I was talking about. It's his fault that the CSR doesn't understand their job? I have USAA I know that many of their CSR understand what a HP is and they will tell you that if you request certain things you will get them. If the CSR did that he would have declined and then the story is over. He asked for one thing and got something completely different, if you don't understand why he's upset about that then that's your problem. Yeah maybe it was the wrong time to look for credit but you come off like a douchebag with the tone of your reply.

Thank uncom for understand how i feeling about this whole mess up situation ???? I been working very hard for my credit for past year and when its come to thi point I'm very upset with what they CSR does to my CR like that.

Everytime, I had been request CLI on my account and I always confirm with CSR that if he need to pull my CR then he can stop from there. The guys seem know exactly what HP and SP is ? He told me it would be a SP and they not going to affect my credit.

On top of that, I'm not seeking for any credit at all. The other 2 inquiry from the mortgages process. I don't know why i do what i do but yeah i need to keep away from those untrained CSR........They just totally useless........He told me one thing and do a completly another thing...........I apply for a mortgages first then i call CLI after a few hours.....So the mortgages process would hit my credit report before anything does.........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 19
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Thank uncom for understand how i feeling about this whole mess up situation ???? I been working very hard for my credit for past year and when its come to thi point I'm very upset with what they CSR does to my CR like that.

Everytime, I had been request CLI on my account and I always confirm with CSR that if he need to pull my CR then he can stop from there. The guys seem know exactly what HP and SP is ? He told me it would be a SP and they not going to affect my credit.

On top of that, I'm not seeking for any credit at all. The other 2 inquiry from the mortgages process. I don't know why i do what i do but yeah i need to keep away from those untrained CSR........They just totally useless........He told me one thing and do a completly another thing...........I apply for a mortgages first then i call CLI after a few hours.....So the mortgages process would hit my credit report before anything does.........

I may have come off in a tone that some people don't like, but my points are valid and still stand. The OP is doing things that are only going to hurt him/herself in the end.

For starters, No OP... Just No... To seeking new credit for AT LEAST 6 months before you mortgage! Just take that to heart, seriously.

From what it sounds like you just applied for this mortgage which means you're in the pre-approval stage. They will pull you credit AGAIN when you're in the closing stage. When they see new credit appearing at closing that wasn't there before you put them at risk of denying you the mortgage when you're in the middle of trying to close on the home. It just isn't prudent to be seeking credit at all at this point. Just like it isn't prudent to start making undocumented large deposits and moving money around.

About the CSR issue. Read this forum. It is well understood that CSRs don't know what they are talking about a great deal of time when it comes to this stuff. As I mentioned earlier, even if they do know the difference they aren't in control of the actual system. USAA could have changed the rules on when they do SP vs HP internally without yet retraining their staff, it happens. The reality is you ARE supposed to get a HP WHENEVER you SEEK new credit (and YES a CLI is NEW CREDIT). You should expect this to happen.

Obviously, we try to take shortcuts to ensure we get a SP because we know the benefits (and there isn't anything wrong with this), but taking this risk when you're not in a position to, like the OP, isn't prudent.

Call me names if you want, but that's the reality.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 17 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

I called on June 11 and ask for credit limit increase on my account and suprised me today. They pull my credit report without my permission eventhou i already disscuss with CSR that i dont want my credit report pull in anyway ......Guess what ???.....He still pull it anyway......I called their executive team and they said the only way i can do is disputed with CRedit bureau and there's nothing they can do about it......

Is it sound right ??? I mean i already ask the guys that if he had to pull my credit report then he should let me know but he said it's gonna be SP and nothing going to affect my credit report ??? Can I file a complaint or sue them ???? It's so 3 HP on my credit report and like i said I'm in the process of my mortgages and its drop my score almost 30 points ???????

That is even worse than me. I had a double pull from Chase when sending a secure message and mentioned that I do not want a HP and only a CLI if possible by SP. I did not call because I wanted it in writing but even this resulted in 2 HP one on EQ and one on EX.  Reason was the CSR did not read the message Smiley Mad At least Chase promised now to revert the HP. CLI did get reverted from 4,5K to 4K which is great. Hope the removal of the pulls will also work as promised.

My conclusion now. If you do not want a HP simply do not write or speak to lenders - I completey lost trust in Chase and would also not trust any other lenders anymore.

Message 18 of 19
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Let's keep these issues very simple:

1. ANY time you request credit or an expansion of credit, you give them permission to check all three bureaus...regardless of what they tell you on the phone or what they have done in the past. Don't assume that the pull will be a soft, because it's up to THEIR discretion as to which form of pull to use.

2. From 6 months before applying for a home loan to the day after you close, APPLY FOR NO CREDIT...PERIOD...CLI OR OTHERWISE. This is a hard and fast rule...and should be no trouble to adhere to if owning the property is the most important goal for you. Don't assume that you'll be able to smooth-talk underwriting if they pull your reports and see one or more inquiries during the closing. To some home lenders, that is a deal-breaker and indicative of someone who is too invested in credit cards to take a risk on with a $100,000 purchase.

Just my 2 cents based on much experience Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.