Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA... I want to cry!

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: USAA... I want to cry!

They have awesome deals and benefits, go for it!  And no I had no products of theirs when I applied for their c/c, got the Rewards MC then signed up for checking/savings and then got the Rewards Amex.  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 31 of 36
solxp
Contributor

@Vwaller72 wrote:

I'm a veteran but not currently active military. I wonder if I can be a full member? I registered on the site but it didn't say anything about if I was a partial or full member. It did ask about my military status.

@Anonymous a veteran honorable discharge or active duty  you are insurance eligible with USAA which makes you a full member. This eligibility can be passed to your children and wife if you have any and with each generation that signs up and becomes a member it makes the next eligible.  Insurance auto/home is limited to full members and being eligible for it even if you choose not to use it and instead just use banking services with them enables you to receive most full member benefits no dividend payments if your not a insurance member. There are many quirks to the membership benefits one well documented one is full members are the only ones allowed to use deposit @Anonymous app from their phone to deposit checks with no hold time. There is a lot of talk about USAA being more generous or forgiving to full members vs. just banking/credit members however I can not recall ever seeing anything in writing from them about what the difference is. That being said you should definitely sign up and get some free insurance quotes for straight car insurance there pretty damn hard to beat  and the package deals on home/car save you even more money and their claims service is top notch they really do care. 

Message 32 of 36
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! Smiley Very Happy 

Congrats! USAA just hooked you up!!!

USAA Amex $3k, USAA MC $4k

Message 33 of 36
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! Smiley Very Happy 

They are my new BFF.  Smiley Happy

So now...  having the USAA AMEX means nothing to AMEX right?  It is different than having a real "AMEX"...  meaning it has no pull with AMEX.  Right? 

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 34 of 36
solxp
Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

So now...  having the USAA AMEX means nothing to AMEX right?  It is different than having a real "AMEX"...  meaning it has no pull with AMEX.  Right? 

The USAA amex had no connection to AMEX other then using the AMEX payment network. It 100% underwritten by USAA it just uses AMEX's networks with vendors. If your question was will having a AMEX card help you get a AMEX card the answer is it wont hurt but it wont necessarily give you a foot in the door and it will not make you eligible for back dating if you add a AMEX issued  card later on to your portfolio. 

Message 35 of 36
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@solxp wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

The USAA amex had no connection to AMEX other then using the AMEX payment network. It 100% underwritten by USAA it just uses AMEX's networks with vendors. If your question was will having a AMEX card help you get a AMEX card the answer is it wont hurt but it wont necessarily give you a foot in the door and it will not make you eligible for back dating if you add a AMEX issued  card later on to your portfolio. 

Thank you!  That's exactly what I was wondering.

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.