Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 859
Registered: ‎03-04-2013
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!

They have awesome deals and benefits, go for it!  And no I had no products of theirs when I applied for their c/c, got the Rewards MC then signed up for checking/savings and then got the Rewards Amex.  

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 710 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $15k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $25k, Cap1 $4.5k, Freedom $8.5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $9k, Care Credit $13.5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!

[ Edited ]

Vwaller72 wrote:

I'm a veteran but not currently active military. I wonder if I can be a full member? I registered on the site but it didn't say anything about if I was a partial or full member. It did ask about my military status.


As a veteran honorable discharge or active duty  you are insurance eligible with USAA which makes you a full member. This eligibility can be passed to your children and wife if you have any and with each generation that signs up and becomes a member it makes the next eligible.  Insurance auto/home is limited to full members and being eligible for it even if you choose not to use it and instead just use banking services with them enables you to receive most full member benefits no dividend payments if your not a insurance member. There are many quirks to the membership benefits one well documented one is full members are the only ones allowed to use deposit @home app from their phone to deposit checks with no hold time. There is a lot of talk about USAA being more generous or forgiving to full members vs. just banking/credit members however I can not recall ever seeing anything in writing from them about what the difference is. That being said you should definitely sign up and get some free insurance quotes for straight car insurance there pretty damn hard to beat  and the package deals on home/car save you even more money and their claims service is top notch they really do care. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,386
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!


kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

 

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

 

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! :smileyvery-happy: 


Congrats! USAA just hooked you up!!!

 

 

USAA Amex $3k, USAA MC $4k

 

 

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 859
Registered: ‎03-04-2013
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!


kevinjjc wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

 

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

 

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! :smileyvery-happy: 


Congrats! USAA just hooked you up!!!

 

 

USAA Amex $3k, USAA MC $4k

 

 

 


They are my new BFF.  :smileyhappy:

 

So now...  having the USAA AMEX means nothing to AMEX right?  It is different than having a real "AMEX"...  meaning it has no pull with AMEX.  Right? 

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 710 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $15k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $25k, Cap1 $4.5k, Freedom $8.5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $9k, Care Credit $13.5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!


kroberts67 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

 

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

 

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! :smileyvery-happy: 


Congrats! USAA just hooked you up!!!

 

 

USAA Amex $3k, USAA MC $4k

 

 

 


They are my new BFF.  :smileyhappy:

 

So now...  having the USAA AMEX means nothing to AMEX right?  It is different than having a real "AMEX"...  meaning it has no pull with AMEX.  Right? 


The USAA amex had no connection to AMEX other then using the AMEX payment network. It 100% underwritten by USAA it just uses AMEX's networks with vendors. If your question was will having a AMEX card help you get a AMEX card the answer is it wont hurt but it wont necessarily give you a foot in the door and it will not make you eligible for back dating if you add a AMEX issued  card later on to your portfolio. 

Established Contributor
Posts: 859
Registered: ‎03-04-2013
0

Re: USAA... I want to cry!


solxp wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE:  They approved the World Rewards Amex also!  They took awhile for this one so I thought I was only getting the MC but then this morning I got a call from USAA security asking if it was me who applied for the cards.  I said yes, I appreciated the call to ask.  She said thank you and within minutes I had another new card email!  

 

I also opened a checking/savings with them last night.  I've read so many good things about them I went all in.

 

Yippee!!  All I'm waiting for is the answer to my Cap 1 CLI and I'm in the garden for one year or until Chase qualifies me.  I can't wait to see what my UT looks like! :smileyvery-happy: 


Congrats! USAA just hooked you up!!!

 

 

USAA Amex $3k, USAA MC $4k

 

 

 


They are my new BFF.  :smileyhappy:

 

So now...  having the USAA AMEX means nothing to AMEX right?  It is different than having a real "AMEX"...  meaning it has no pull with AMEX.  Right? 


The USAA amex had no connection to AMEX other then using the AMEX payment network. It 100% underwritten by USAA it just uses AMEX's networks with vendors. If your question was will having a AMEX card help you get a AMEX card the answer is it wont hurt but it wont necessarily give you a foot in the door and it will not make you eligible for back dating if you add a AMEX issued  card later on to your portfolio. 


Thank you!  That's exactly what I was wondering.

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 710 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $15k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $25k, Cap1 $4.5k, Freedom $8.5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $9k, Care Credit $13.5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.