cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Limitless full release September 17th!!!

tag
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Limitless full release September 17th!!!

@csryang wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

FYI, partial members are also able to apply for the limitless card

How to become a partial member if you are not related to someone in the military and do not have military background? And what's the difference between partial vs full member? Did you mean to say that partial members "will" be able to apply for the limitless card? All I heard is that it's only available to full members at this time. Maybe I am wrong.

the window open for everyone to join as a partial/limited membership between 2009 - 2013, you can get more info with your google search or on here
the different between full and partial is partial will not quailify for any insurance product.
yes, I am a partial / limit membership and I was able to apply limitless card once it was available to my state

side note: I do have Amex plus card for 5% CB on gas from USAA

Message 11 of 93
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will just ignore all the NFCU and USAA posts from now on since I cannot get in with them anyway...

Message 12 of 93
digitek
Established Contributor

I've been waiting 9 months for this post to show up Smiley Happy

Thanks for the heads up!
Message 13 of 93
ecb
New Contributor

I'm retired military and with USAA. What will be so special about this card?

Message 14 of 93
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It's 2.5% cash back, no FTF, cash back post after transactions clear with no limit on redemptions. For general spend, IMO it's the best card in my wallet..and I have a lot of them in there. Lol
Message 15 of 93
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to clarify, by "full release" I meant no longer in pilot mode as it has been. It will be available to all USAA members regardless of residence.

You still need to meet their eligibility requirements. I'm not sure how to be a partial member, and i'm also unsure if partial members have access to their credit cards.

Either way, i'm happy! This card will put my Navy Fed CashRewards and Quicksilver on ice, to be used only for balance transfer offers.

Ironically, our household received targeted offers from NFCU to use our card(s).

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 93
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
It's 2.5% cash back, no FTF, cash back post after transactions clear with no limit on redemptions. For general spend, IMO it's the best card in my wallet..and I have a lot of them in there. Lol

+1

For those who are strictly seeking cash-back it's one of the best offerings around.  2.5% cash back on nearly anything and everything is hard to beat.  Smiley Very Happy

To redeem the cash back there's a $1 minimum, and you can get it as a statement credit or deposited to any of your USAA checking/savings accounts.  I've had my direct deposit going to USAA for years anyway, so in my case the Limitless Visa was a no-brainer.

Message 17 of 93
ecb
New Contributor

That is awesome!
Message 18 of 93
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

So what we can gather from this new info is that it will still be restricted to military service/men women and their families? And not open to the public aside of that?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 19 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a given when talking about USAA.
Message 20 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.